FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cammo's Corner - Volcanoes of the World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Cammo's Corner - Volcanoes of the World
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 7:02 pm   Permalink

Asparagus, anyone?

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:20 pm   Permalink

Progress.

There's Gman's foot -

I'm slimming down the bottom, rounding the top off and making her more - well, shapely. All with a draw knife used as a planer. What ya think she's gonna be?

And Billy's at it again. He ripped through this in 1 & 1/2 sessions.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 02:02 am   Permalink

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 05:19 am   Permalink

First Tiki in Outer Space?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-04 07:24 am   Permalink

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-04 11:47 am   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 1:30 pm   Permalink

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 1:39 pm   Permalink

I can't believe GROG cut that out and put a realistic drop-shadow behind it. Get back to work!

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 2:42 pm   Permalink

I love this thread!

Good to see man conquer nature once again. This is one log that will have a good story no matter how it turns out.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 5:03 pm   Permalink

Nice! That sucker could be a end table also.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_tim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-18 11:12 am   Permalink

Just out of curiosity, did you guys happen to try a Lancelot on the fur?
They are pretty good at removing lots of material quick (bark, wood, fingers, etc).
They are kinda fun on the grinder. Wonder though if the hair would have clogged up the chain. . .

http://www.katools.com/squire.html

TT

View Profile of tiki_tim Send a personal message to tiki_tim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-18 11:12, tiki_tim wrote:
Just out of curiosity, did you guys happen to try a Lancelot on the fur?
They are pretty good at removing lots of material quick (bark, wood, fingers, etc).
They are kinda fun on the grinder. Wonder though if the hair would have clogged up the chain. . .

http://www.katools.com/squire.html

Yeah, what Tim said. I have one of em but I'ms a bit not right sos I couldnant get it tatched right.
Mines a DeWalt 4" but just couldn't get er done though. Seems my nut is a bit short. Er, maybe its the bolt. Either way, She's 'plainen 'bout it.

4WDR, you ever tatch em things?

How is the kick-back on em Tim?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:28 pm   Permalink

Billy the Crud, what the hell is that? A butt-plug?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:57 pm   Permalink

Didn't try a Lancelot, have no idea how it would work. We did try a chainsaw and it didn't do a thing. Burning and draw-knifing with a lot of muscle made it happen.

I've been letting this log dry out real good and have some post-Oasis plans for it, noboy's ever done anything quite like what I want this thing to look like, and you need a real big stump to do it right, so it may never happen again. Anyway, I'll be back hacking soon....

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-18 18:28, surfintiki wrote:
Billy the Crud, what the hell is that? A butt-plug?

Er......no.....that's Camms new carving......

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation