FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cocktail Time! my latest project started...
Cocktail Time! my latest project started...
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:38 pm   Permalink

Boy, I haven't checked in here in a while and I'm amazed at all of the great work being done lately!
I started this hula girl in another thread, but I haven't picked her up since before Christmas.
Since then I've decided to use her in another way. I'm going to make a wall clock!

Here is the idea my daughter helped me sketch out. The clock will be a bit larger and I haven't decided if I will use a clock face or put the numbers right on the surface. Also I think the bamboo frame will be thinner. I think the background will be a solid burnt orange color, but I will probably change my mind on that too.

Here again is the rough sketch of the girl.

I'm a bit further along than this pic would show.

And lastly, my 6 year old, Brendan, heard me talking about this project and decided to give me his own version on a post-it note!

I'm hoping to get this finished sooner than later, I've been really slacking lately.
If anyone is interested in purchasing this, let me know right away and I can make sure the background will be a color or design of your liking.

Mahalo for looking!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:48 pm   Permalink

This is a better place with Finkdaddy. Nice to see you again and the
clock is a cool idea.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:54 pm   Permalink

Sweet beans! your keeping improving this concept.
Love your little girls drawing.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 4:13 pm   Permalink

I love this line of pendants your doin' up, Finkster. Ultra original, Ultra cool~

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 8:31 pm   Permalink

Finky, It's About Time you showed back up and with such a beauty. With her I guess you'll be forgiven but if you had shown up empty handed/ I.. dunno! SHe looks Great. HAppy Happy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 12:47 am   Permalink

Looking sweet Finky, and about bloody time you were posting again!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 06:03 am   Permalink

Oh cool!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 09:27 am   Permalink

Looks like another fantastic design. Love the sketches by your kids! You got a talented brood over there.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 09:41 am   Permalink

great to see the return of this sleek and sexy character, in yet another new and different form.

look forward to more pics!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation