[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Cool Tiki Lamp on Ebay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Cool Tiki Lamp on Ebay
HulaLula

Posted: 2003-02-21 1:56 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: hulalula on 2003-02-24 16:47 ]

View Profile of HulaLula Send a personal message to HulaLula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-21 2:25 pm   Permalink

2 coconuts worth for you...

I've rewired lots of lamps. I am not a certified electrician, but understand basic electricity...isn't there some concern about the cord being "wrapped tediously with seagrass rope"? I'd hate to see a fellow TC'er (hec, anyone for that matter) have their house go up in flames from wrapping their lamp cord wrapped in rope in case it ever cracks or breaks in the future. Imagine a rope fire trailing up the cord and to the ceiling! Maybe I've got that Great White concert disaster on my mind.

Any thoughts from an actual qualified electrician?

ElectroCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HulaLula

Posted: 2003-02-21 2:45 pm   Permalink

my 2 coconuts...

Thanks for your concern.
To be honest, the creator is my boyfriend and has similar lamps hanging in his home already. The electrial components are all new items (cord is not flawed or broken to expose the wiring), and the grass (or rope) is merely wrapped around the cord and not up too close to the plug to catch "fire" from a potential stray spark when plugged in (which occassionaly happens when plugging in older electrical items, and not so much with a newer item).
But, I'll mention your concern to him...although rest assured the lamps he's made that are hanging in the house are fine and the house is still standing. =)

View Profile of HulaLula Send a personal message to HulaLula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-21 2:45 pm   Permalink

I hate it when people say 'creepy tiki' like it says in their description. Red light bulbs create an exotic flair or a certain ambiant light but not creepy. Creepy is Steve Buschemi in Con Air.

Very cool lamp. I'd love to have that.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-21 6:29 pm   Permalink

link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2160985744

gecko made one like that too. nice

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-21 6:53 pm   Permalink

i cannot see em? I wen clicked onto HH's da kine but still no can.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-21 7:30 pm   Permalink

try again, works for me

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 3:59 pm   Permalink

People,
Did you guys read the description? It says "This is a 'one of a kind' exotic TIKI LAMP, created by Trader Woody." Is this OUR Trader Woody? Didn't think it was because Country/Region it said "United States/San Jose."

TW, someone's using your name to sell flammable light fixtures!!!

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-22 16:01 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HulaLula

Posted: 2003-02-22 6:20 pm   Permalink

WOW.. is this one mean, DRAMA list.

Did it ever occur to you that there could be 'another' "Trader" Woody? Possibly more than 10...maybe even 50!
Give me a break.....obviously some people out there like the lamp if the originating post and actual auction has been viewed over 100 times and already up tp $50 with days to go!

Get over your pretentious, hoity toity SoCal "I'm so tiki" selves.
You've all got some nerve.

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 8:59 pm   Permalink

Totally agree, TOTALLY. I mean, up here in San Francisco you cannot fall down without hitting a Trader Woody. I have many friends that are Trader Woody. Couple of my high school P.E. teachers were definitely Trader Woody. I got a cousin, Trade Woody. Heck, everyone has a Trader Woody in their family.

I think the lamp is pretty cool, maybe a bit too Trader Woody, if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Wink wink, nudge nudge...say no more.

Yep, them So Cal (beat LA, beat LA) Tikis are really full of themselves. All that sun, carbon monoxide, and hi-speed pursuits. Less hoity toity, more artsy fartsy!

midnite...is all about the love, don't be a hater. Embrace your Trader Woodiness, like you're back at camp, remember.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 9:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:06 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 10:07 pm   Permalink

you hit the nail on the head, polynesian pop is just one mai tai away from AA, in all serious though i dont think he was knocking the lamp just poking fun, you gotta undertand he doesnt have much of a life outside of tiki central.

GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 01:36 am   Permalink

great looking lamp. Because his introduction says "tapa" I looked at the tapa real close at it didn't appear to me as a authentic design done by Tongans or Samoans so I looked at his purchases.
I seen that he has the same cotton material purchased that he has on the lamp in this link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2222&item=2505798517

he typed "tapa fabric" so i guess that means cotton and not real tapa???

it's a great lookin lamp but i just want da peopo here to know that it is not actual tree bark tapa that is made here in polynesia. Just wanted to mention this for you traditional freaks like me who like all da original stuff! So none of you are a little upset because you expected da kine tapa.

personaly I think he should have used the words "tapa design fabric". "Vintage Tapa fabric" to me sounds like it's actually old tapa. dats jus me though. I have a few pieces of real vintage tapa that I collected in a trade for a tiki and this stuff is beautiful! I would never cut it up into a lamp. thats da only reason why i looked at it so close.

aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 4:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-22 18:20, HulaLula wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that there could be 'another' "Trader" Woody? Possibly more than 10...maybe even 50!
Give me a break.....obviously some people out there like the lamp if the originating post and actual auction has been viewed over 100 times and already up tp $50 with days to go!

Get over your pretentious, hoity toity SoCal "I'm so tiki" selves.
You've all got some nerve.

Whoa,
Hula Lula, what did I say that made you so angry? I just thought the Trader Woody thing was a funny coincidence.

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-23 16:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 22:48 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 4:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-23 16:01, PolynesianPop wrote:
[ I think the money would be better spent buying you a sense of humor.

If I auction a sense of humor off on eBay, and I use this as my title:

Tiki art bar mug Shag RARE OOP Sense of Humor vintage Tapa style

will I get more for it than just using "Sense of Humor?"

-Muggler

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation