FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Complete Tiki Spain
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Complete Tiki Spain
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-04 1:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha Amigos! Les escribo desde Madrid. I have been documenting tiki in Spain for years and this is where I'm going to show some of my finds.

This one is really big and rare, Pre-pavon, 2 side pockets.
I have 1 extra to trade/sell.

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2008-03-04 13:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2008-03-04 13:26 ]

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 07:28 am   Permalink

Good to hear from you, Zeta. I am Sven Kirsten, author that book there in your photo. As one of my future book projects I plan to write a book on European Tiki, with an emphasis on Spanish Tiki culture of course. I have visited most of the remaining Spanish Tiki temples, but have not been to Portugal. I am planning a photo Safari to Europe in order to document the remaining places before they disappear.

I am very happy to meet a local Tiki aficionado who can hopefully contribute and help in the research of this amazing facet of Polynesian pop. I own about 20 Porcelanas Pavon mugs, because I previously imported them to the US, but I own very few vintage pieces. I have a couple of vintage menus from the Bora Bora, and am willing to trade one (and something else from the US?) for your extra bowl.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 11:13 am   Permalink

News on the grapevine, there may be a new Spanish tiki bar on the horizon, to add to the european Tiki "Revival?", can't say more than that at the moment unfotunately
Well and I'm off to a part of spain tomorrow to look at the site.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 11:28 am   Permalink

any tiki in Malaga? I might be there in about 3 months...

good luck with the new top secret project cheeky.

harro.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-09 10:39 pm   Permalink

Has anyone heard from Zeta again? Hope I didn't scare him/her away! Did anyone make that mug trade? I don't really care, I was just glad to meet someone local that is into Tiki. Hope he'll resurface.

Here is my favorite pre-Pavon mug:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-07 02:05 am   Permalink

Aloha amigos!
This 100% original spanish Mug is so rare and old that right now I don't even remember where I got it from.

I am sure it has nothing to do with Porcelanas Pavon.

Let's call it "The Abe Lincoln mug" for now...
Hasta luego !

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 09:55 am   Permalink

Very cool, nice presentation! Great graphic, too. Good to hear back from you again, I have a feeling we are in for a treat on this thread.

BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-10 01:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-05 11:28, harro wrote:
any tiki in Malaga? I might be there in about 3 months...

good luck with the new top secret project cheeky.

harro.

Hi Harro

There is a Trader Vic's in Marbella, and also a TV Mai Tai bar in Estepona, both very near Malaga. Enjoy!

Hum, Cheekytiki, I'm very curious about that new place... can you add a bit more info? what city? Arrr!!!

Zeta, esos mugs son más antiguos que la injusticia! Un abrazo!

[ This Message was edited by: BastardoSaffrin 2008-04-10 01:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BastardoSaffrin 2008-04-11 12:41 ]

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-13 11:41 am   Permalink

Madrid 1972

Exotica en español = twice Exotica

Hasta la vista, baby...

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 10:21 pm   Permalink

Ha, that is funny! I was actually thinking about that title as the name for my Spanish Tiki Culture book! Great minds think alike!

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 11:12 pm   Permalink

Una foto cuando fui a Barcelona hacer dos tiki en el kahala.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matahina

Posted: 2008-04-16 1:34 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone,

this bar is in the center of Lisboa, Portugal. Well at least it was there last year. Unfortunately I was only standing in front of closed doors, as it had quite odd opening hours.

Sven, I am amazed to read you are planning a Tiki Europe Book - Aloha Amigos! Any research and photo journeys scheduled yet?

This year I am planning to go to Barcelona on holidays. Are there any exciting tiki opportunities I shouldn´t miss apart from the ones already listed on tikieurope.com?

View Profile of Matahina Send a personal message to Matahina  Goto the website of Matahina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 7:12 pm   Permalink

I don't think so, but it would be really nice to get an update on these places, we here in America always have to fear that the next time one visits a Tiki Bar it has disappeared.

Matahina

Posted: 2008-04-17 04:57 am   Permalink

I will definitely go and visit the places in Barcelona once I´m there, and will inform you about their current existence.

Can´t think too much about (many American)Tiki places being destroyed. The ones in your first book mentioned, which disappeared, nearly made me cry. Wishing for some kind of "historic houses trust" or maybe "historic tiki buildings trust" to be set up, which might preserve them and keep beauty and history alive for us and coming generations to enjoy.

[ This Message was edited by: Matahina 2008-04-17 04:58 ]

View Profile of Matahina Send a personal message to Matahina  Goto the website of Matahina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 10:43 am   Permalink

I also have a few spanish mugs, and I traded most of my doubles.

nice pics everyone. Can't wait for the book Sven.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation