FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Travel ╗ ╗ Complete Tiki Spain
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Complete Tiki Spain
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 25 days ago; 5:31 pm   Permalink

Any closer to getting this book done?
Looks like there's tiki in Spain.

You still working on this Zeta now that your back?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 22 days ago; 08:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-23 20:36, Zeta wrote:
Bigbrotiki,

after 5 years of privately talking about this book project with you, your answer sucks.

If you plan to write about Tiki in Spain in the future (which I know you will), please ask me first. I'm willing to help. I'm the expert and I legally represent the artist who created 95% of the art. He is still alive and kicking. remember that.

Just like you warn visitors about copyright infringements on your tikieurope.com webpage, I warn you. I will not tolerate fake or false credit on future tiki books, exhibits etc... on the Tiki Spain subject.

The artist deserves his credit. No more pretending he doesn't exist. No more playing dumb like Jay Strongman on his Tiki Mugs book... No more "innocent" ignorance.

Porcelanas Pavon are fake, like your Contemporary Idol mugs. You are stealing from the original artist and that is not cool.

Where is your urban archeologist rigor?
You cannot/should not document Incomplete Tiki Spain. This is the last unexplored tiki region and you know it.

My door is always open for you or anyone who wants to write a serious piece on the subject.

*****************************************************************************************************

WHO WANTS TO HELP ME AND MR. NAUFRAGO WRITING THE MONDO TIKI BOOK? We need/want an American/USA partner. Tiki author wanted. (If nobody is interested, we will do it on our own, but I really want the American collaboration because it's fair, necessary and needed. We want our book COMPLETE.)

Also, Hakalugi, if you could help us organizing a tikicentral group collaboration, I would be really thankful.

TIKI CENTRAL PEOPLE. I need your help to make this book and get it published in AMERICA. Home birth of the new Tiki cult.

This is serious.

Aloha or die.

"(If nobody is interested, we will do it on our own)"
Lots of new tiki books coming out this one needs to be next.
You can do it!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 4:32 pm   Permalink

Gracias Tikiskip! I appreciate it!
And Yes! the book is coming! Dr. Alderete agreed to design it and I already have some publishers interested (still open to offers)... BUT! I need all the help I can get from all of you fellow tiki friends! Hi Res images mainly. And support! Its hard to do PRO BONO Tiki work in this day an age. So, please, share your thoughts, ideas, hopes and dreams! Tiki needs us!
Maybe we could crowd fund it and publish it all together.

PM me if you want my email to send me images or whatever. All contributors will get their credit and a special Tiki blessing... maybe a signed copy or a date if you are a pretty girl.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 03:30 am   Permalink

Well don't see much tiki from Spain/Mexico here in Ohio but if I do will post it here for sure.

"maybe a signed copy or a date if you are a pretty girl."

Have always had the most fun with them, good plan.
A place with no women is many times a placed called prison here in USA.
Not good.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation