FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-22 11:07 am   Permalink

Ladies And Gentlemen:

*Do you want to Crawl in style? Comfort?
*Tired of standing on sidewalks waiting on cabs?
*Make sure the party never stops?

Then I present for your consideration:
*The 2003 SF Tiki Bar Crawl Tiki Bus*

Check it out:
*This full size bus seats 45 people in style. It is a modified tour bus with seats facing each other around tables so you can be sociable.
*10 CD changer to spin all of your favorite exotica.
*Seven TVs and a VCR so images of classic tiki goodness and German urban archaeologists are beamed to all seats.
*The back of the bus has been converted to limo-like bench seating for nine, surrounding...(wait for it)...
*A BAR! That's right- an on-board bar. We supply the liquor of our choice (better that way anyhow) and they provide A REAL LIVE BARTENDER who will be stationed on board the whole trip! At YOUR service!
*Plus...AN ON-BOARD BATHROOM! No fighting through the crowds at the bars! Pee in style! What could be more convienent?!
*We can decorate it up in style.

Now...I hear you say: "Surely all of this luxury an comfort must come at a terrible price!"

Not so, my friends! If you act now, here's the deal: If we get 45 people on board, then it's just $20 per person! For four hours! Imagine: you'd spend almost that much on a bunch of crowded cabs! That's less than the price of two Hurricanes at the Tonga Room! And the party never stops. If we get only 35 people, just $25. And only five bucks per person with a full bus for each additional hour.

I've got it reserved now: It can pick all of us up at the Foggy Grotto (my place). Or we can save some of the time and have it pick us up after Trad'r Sam's. We can sort out the details later. But I have to guage interest. So far, I know of about 15 people interested. C'mon, this will be cool. And it can drop people off all over, including the east bay. (not "the deep east bay" as the limo guy called it- i.e. Pleasanton, Walnut Creek)

Please post to THIS thread IMMEDIATELY with the total number of people in your party interested. Sorry if you've posted before-please do it again. We have to get moving on this.

Thanks everyone- it's gonna be hella good.

Get on the bus!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 11:30 am   Permalink

Martin, count me and the Mrs. in on this. Let me know when you need green frog skins (cash) Vic

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 3:37 pm   Permalink

Martin,
For only $20.00 each, I going to go ahead and speak for my group (I hope its cool guys). Please reserve 3 seats for the following:

PolynesianPop
SugarCaddyDaddy
Hula Hula

Let us know what we need to do to get the cash to you - Paypal or otherwise.

Sounds like it will be a blast!!!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 5:13 pm   Permalink

sweet, cant wait

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 6:12 pm   Permalink

Poly-Hula-Daddy are in!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 2:16 pm   Permalink

Martin, please count me IN!! I'm thrilled. I am far, far too much of a lightweight to ever drink 'n drive...whew. Thank you!!!

Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 4:47 pm   Permalink

No driving -- yaaaaaay!

Sign me up!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-02-23 5:17 pm   Permalink

Martin-

Count me plus two is three. Whoopee!

Dean

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-02-24 12:10 pm   Permalink

Sounds good!!! I think Miss Frenchy and I are in. And I can easily rustle up a number of others.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-24 12:28 pm   Permalink

All right, people! Let's keep those names a-comin'. I'll post soon about PayPal info. They will stock the bus with non-alcoholic stuff so we keep up with the water intake, and I'm thinking we can set up some premixes (juices and syrups in one bottle; rums in the other) just to make life easier on our on-board bartender. Drink suggestions, anyone?

Plus, I think we'll have to make the bus stop at Post and Taylor so we can all grab a picture with Tiki Bob himself. That ought to snarl up traffic pretty good. heh.

So c'mon...where are the rest of my local peepz? Represent!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-02-24 12:57 pm   Permalink

Martin, thanks again for looking into this. Sounds like you've added something to the crawl that will be an event unto itself. Naomi and I will reverse our earlier call and join up if we may. It was schedules not $$ that made it tough before, but we'll figure that out!

BTW, I'll post elsewhere with more info, but my impending work trip got rescheduled, so we're on for the Sat afternoon stop in Belmont for those interested!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 1:02 pm   Permalink

She doesn't know it yet, but count me and Floratina in!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 2:43 pm   Permalink

Hey,

Thanks for taking care of the bus! I will have at least 6 people in my party, and possibly 8 or 9! I will know the exact number soon.

Thanks again,

David

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 3:05 pm   Permalink

Whoopsie. Posted to the wrong thread by accident...here's that message again:

Aloha Martin! bump that count a little higher, just talked to mrsmiley and he says count him in too!

He's not sure about Enid yet, but will let you know!

see y'all soon--can't wait!

Lisa

p.s. any more of you SoCal folks planning on a visit? C'mon, join in!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 3:39 pm   Permalink

Okay, you got me! I'll be there with my finest bus attire (not to be confused with my equally as popular finest bus tires). I won't speak for Johnnie Velour, but I'm pretty sure he'll be joining in, too. Thanks, Martiki.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation