FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-04 08:45 am   Permalink

Ok, we're up to 34 paid. That's most of the people that reserved in the beginning. I still haven't heard from :

cynfulcynner
Miss Frenchy
Isaca
TikiMel

Hurry up, peeps!

So now I'm posting my PayPal email account to any TC members who want to get on the bus:
martincate@mindspring.com

(OK, so it wasn't really a secret email address)

Remember to include your tikicentral name, your full real name, and where you are going at the end of the night. ("You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.")
$20 per person.

See everyone soon-

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 09:48 am   Permalink

I like the SS Minnow, too. It has a sense of wacky doom that I think is apropos for the event (considering how I felt after last year (not to mention how Hanford must have felt in the morning)).

The big question is, who knows how to make a bamboo radio?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMama on 2003-03-04 09:49 ]

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 11:44 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Mama,
That bus is in my town, see it all the time, and occasionally the owners come to the restaurant I work at to git some vittles! It's a pretty nifty bus!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 12:16 pm   Permalink

Are we catching the bus at Trad'r Sam's or at some other more easily accessed (downtown?) locale and then on to Trade'r Sam's?

And, if anyone knows, what time is everyone meeting at said bar?

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 3:18 pm   Permalink

I'm all paid up!

(sorry about the delay -- I've been sick and offline the last couple of days.)

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-04 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hey - if I'm the Miss Frenchy you're referring to, I think I'll have to give the bus a miss - I'll either be sucked along in Mig's wake (or I'll be a designated tiki hauler in the amazing Frenchy oldsmobile).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-03-05 12:12 am   Permalink

By the way... "get on the bus" was a 60s slang phrase that the Banana Splits used a lot. Was it exclusive to the Banana Splits or was it common in other parts too?

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-05 08:27 am   Permalink

I've been using it in my posts in reference to Spike Lee's 1996 film "Get On The Bus" about the Million Man march.

Not very tiki. But a good film.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 1:11 pm   Permalink

This is the being formerly known as Blair, friend of Melintur and Tikimama

Just saying hi, I will be on the bus. I'm eagerly anticipating a grand night(s) out!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

Exxxxxcelent, Blair. I see the conversion is going well.

OK- 37 paid on the bus. Again, any spots I don't sell with PayPal before Saturday night will be for sale at Trad'r Sam's for $25.

Remember to come by the Foggy Grotto for a pre-party drink from 5 to 6:15. Located just down the street from Sam's:

447 Seventh Ave #2
between Geary and Anza
415-387-0145

We'll all leave at 6:15 as a terrifying tiki mob storming down Geary to Sam's.

-martin

Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 2:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

What has been decided about stocking the bar on the Minnow? Or did we decide to skip that because we won't be on the buss very long?

I'm burning a copy of Exotica I & II (Martin Denny, of course!) for airplay on the Minnow. See ya all tomorrow night at TV's!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lounge deVille
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-06 2:12 pm   Permalink

This tripple stop trip is destined to make a
memorable event for all the tikiphiles in here.
I wish lounge could go too,but there aren't any busses for single bachelors..
-Maybe next year, Lounge

View Profile of Lounge deVille Send a personal message to Lounge deVille  Goto the website of Lounge deVille     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 2:19 pm   Permalink

Nobody said this was a couples event!!! Get your tiki-butt up here to SF! Pronto!

2 Mai Tais for you!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-06 2:24 pm   Permalink

Oh, and the bus will start at Sam's at 8:00pm

Thanks for reminding me TT:

There are a few things that are needed for the bus:

1. Drinks: I'd like to see some cocktails on the bus. Rumors of a bar on the bus are somewhat exaggerated. It's more like an airplane drink service cart that rolls down the aisle. So drinks should be pre-mixed (at least mixers/juice/syrup in one and rum in the other) so it's simple. And everything should probably be put into shatterproof plastic, like a 2 liter bottle. They will provide some sodas. I'll bring a little something, but not enough for everyone probably. See what you guys can come up with and be creative.

2. Food- I think some dry starchy acid-soaking snack items would be a good idea, since we're getting such an early start. Please grab a thing or two.

3. Decorations- I'd like to see the bus done up properly, so if anyone wants to bring decorations (of the disposable, non-valuable luau-party type variety) please feel free. The more the better.

thanks everyone,

Martin

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 2:37 pm   Permalink

Yah, Lounge, are you KIDDING?

I'm a swinging bachelorette, and wild carnivorous tikis wouldn't keep me off the bus!! C'mon--there are still spaces available!!!

You WERE kidding, right??

I'll even buy you a drink.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation