FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Got my St. Elizabeth Allspice (Pimento)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Got my St. Elizabeth Allspice (Pimento)
gonegoannas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-16 5:49 pm   Permalink

Has anybody done a side by side comparision with Berry Hill Pimento, and if so what are the differences? I have both but have not used the St Elizabeths yet. I guess I will find out...just need to pick the right cocktail.

View Profile of gonegoannas Send a personal message to gonegoannas  Email gonegoannas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IntermiXXX

Posted: 2008-06-21 08:10 am   Permalink

Cool article about St. ELizabeth - http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/28/WIE8V37DN.DTL and another http://drinkboston.com/2008/05/21/i-say-pimento-you-say-allspice/

[ This Message was edited by: IntermiXXX 2008-06-21 08:14 ]

View Profile of IntermiXXX Send a personal message to IntermiXXX      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squad 701
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-21 10:58 am   Permalink

Does anybody know if the St.Elizabeth Pimento Dram is available in the UK or Europe.
I have tried a lot of reputable online shops with no luck.
It would be interesting to compare it with Berry Hill and Sangsters Pimento Dram (Defunkt)
Cheers.

View Profile of Squad 701 Send a personal message to Squad 701      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-30 8:15 pm   Permalink

Give it about 3 or 4 more months - much abrew to get things in place for UK and Germany.

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squad 701
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-01 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-30 20:15, van Oosten wrote:
Give it about 3 or 4 more months - much abrew to get things in place for UK and Germany.

Hopefully, the sooner the better, as Reggae Treats are no longer shipping 'Berry Hill' to USA or Canada,
and seem to be having some difficulty with parcels being shipped through London to other European destinations.
I can't live without my 'Navy Grogs'
Best wishes.

View Profile of Squad 701 Send a personal message to Squad 701      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-01 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-01 13:28, Squad 701 wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-30 20:15, van Oosten wrote:

Hopefully, the sooner the better, as Reggae Treats are no longer shipping 'Berry Hill' to USA or Canada,
and seem to be having some difficulty with parcels being shipped through London to other European destinations.
I can't live without my 'Navy Grogs'
Best wishes.

Where did you see that they are no longer shipping to the US? Thanks!

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squad 701
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-02 08:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

Where did you see that they are no longer shipping to the US? Thanks!

I received the information in an e-mail from Jamaica.
If you notice up the top of their Alcoholic Beverages page you will notice :

Sangsters Rum Cream, Berry Hill Pimento Liqueur, Old Tom Gin, Lillifield Rum Cream, Rum Finzi Coconut Rum, RUMONA Jamaican Rum Liqueur are all in stock. The widest top quality selection of Jamaica Rums, Liqueurs and Rum Creams. All those hard-to-find (outside of Jamaica) liquors are in stock. If there is something that you need that is not listed, we will gladly locate it and list it for you. WE DO NOT SHIP ALCOHOL TO CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-03 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Squad 701! Had a chat with Reggae Treats They will not ship to Canada, but will ship to US if some non-alchoholic items are purchased. sssshhhh, for a declaration on a certain form..... So, I have ordered a couple bottles.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 12:43 pm   Permalink

BevMo now carries St. Elizabeth. The stuff is very potent, so a little goes a long way, but is very good none the less.

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-27 10:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-21 10:58, Squad 701 wrote:
Does anybody know if the St.Elizabeth Pimento Dram is available in the UK or Europe.
It would be interesting to compare it with Berry Hill and Sangsters Pimento Dram (Defunkt)
Cheers.

We should have some limited Germany availability (including online) by mid/late September, UK to follow. Sorry for the delays.

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squad 701
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-28 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-27 10:02, van Oosten wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-21 10:58, Squad 701 wrote:
Cheers.

We should have some limited Germany availability (including online) by mid/late September, UK to follow. Sorry for the delays.

Thanks Van Oosten,
Looking forward to getting some, will be travelling to Hamburg in October to stock up
At the moment I have 2 shipments of Berry Hill lost in the post from Jamaica !
Just surviving on half a bottle is making me very very nervous
Best wishes.

Squad 701

IntermiXXX

Posted: 2008-08-20 10:54 am   Permalink

St Elizabeth finally available in Georgia. Bottles on the shelf at Tower on Piedmont.

View Profile of IntermiXXX Send a personal message to IntermiXXX      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-28 10:00 pm   Permalink

Tower is famously tough on new products - do let them know you appreciate their efforts, and please don't remind me how much I miss Daddy D's barbeque. Aw hell, I already did myself...

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-29 11:01 am   Permalink

anybody else disappointed by this product?

It has a nasty aftertaste, and i've found that in most recipes calling for pimento/allspice dram, I must use a third to a half of the quantity called for if i want the drink to be at all palatable.

also, this dram is made in Austria, not in Jamaica.

anybody got a cocktail where they find this stuff works well?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-29 4:03 pm   Permalink

I thought these commercial versions were overpriced, which is why I made my own. It's pretty easy. This is the recipe for Chuck's Jamaican Pimento Dram No. 3, which you can find here: http://imbibemagazine.blogspot.com/2007/01/you-asked-doc-reveals.html

I decided not to use Demerara 151 and subbed Trader Vic's 151 (which is probably Cruzan 151).

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation