FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 5:46 pm   Permalink

I just received a notice from the Disney Gallery on the 45th Anniversary Product Release of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Products. I know where I will be on June 22,2008. Check out the Disney Gallery website http://www.DisneyGallery.com Looks like a treasure trove of Tiki goodies. Get your Disney pass for the discount & have your Visa ready.

The Disney web site has been updated. Check it out! I am partial to the Tiki Fountain.

Aloha

[ This Message was edited by: bonbonvic 2008-03-11 19:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BONBONVIC 2008-04-01 22:54 ]

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 5:58 pm   Permalink

Wow. It's been almost five years since I spent five hours standing in line behind Monkeyman waiting to purchase the 40th Anniversary merchandise. I went home the next day and joined TC.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 6:55 pm   Permalink

Oh My God! A sinking feeling in my bank account! Wonderful new art.

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 7:15 pm   Permalink

Boy they are really cashing in on the revival! The best thing is that Kev and Jody are doing great work again, AND they are getting paid much better now that they are doing the same thing as before, but as freelancers !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 07:33 am   Permalink

I saw this in the MousePlanet DLR Update on Monday but I couldn't find the thread to post it in until now...

Here's a link to images of some of the products to be released for the 45th, and Here's a link to preorder some of the products & sign up for getting them signed.

Looking at some of the products they're planning on releasing (Rongo Bowl Mug!) is really getting my mouth watering!

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2008-03-12 07:35 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 3:13 pm   Permalink

At some point we will be producing Tiki Room jewelry for Disney You'll be the first to know !!!!
but it will be just plated brass like the Jack Sparrow and Jack Skellington jewelry that we do for the parks.

They didn't feel the crowd would support lmt. edt. Tiki Room pendants costing $650 like they did for the Pirates OTC and Nightmare B.F.XMAS limited Editions we did.

They were also wanting us more on Mickey 80th and H.M. 40th stuff.

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 08:59 am   Permalink

Since he became a freelancer, Kevin Kidney's work has become so much more detailed. He also adjusted his perspective on his favorite genre, Tiki style. Gone are is the slavish adherence to authentic mid-century modern primitivism, and all that intellectual, no-fun baggage that goes hand in hand with that. Just the other day I heard him mention that he was sick of all the purists and Tiki snobs who just could not relax and accept that fact that there are no rules in Tiki style, and that it is all just one big party. Here is an example of his more recent work, a bird house for the Floridian "Island life style" lovers, who just like to kick back to some Jimmy Buffet and shoot the breeze, where ever it blows from:

The parrot is inspired by Kevin's "Jose". Note the carefully selected color palette for the "scary" native mask. The yellow is based on....nothing:

At first, Kevin could not decide if he should put his OTHER favorite drink, the Tequila Sunrise, on the menu, or this one:

As a matter of fact, the folks at Disney liked this design so much, they are thinking about updating the Enchanted Tiki Room along those lines, to widen its public appeal...after all, the public is always right, and is who brings in the money!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-03-22 09:51 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-20 08:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
The parrot is inspired by Kevin's "Jose". Note the carefully selected color palette for the "scary" native mask. The yellow is based on....nothing:

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-20 12:58 pm   Permalink

Sven - I knew you couldn't resist buying the first one. It's the anti-Witco movement I'm trying to spearhead. Available at Target in the "seasonal" section. The purchaser agrees to pick off the hot-glue globs before use.

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 09:13 am   Permalink

BigBro,
You have no idea how lucky you are. The piece you bought is a Kevin Kidney original. After Kevin designed this piece, Jody sculpted it as you have it. These were later send to China for mass production and they don't look as detailed as your prototype. Disney was forced to cut corners for a bigger financial mark-up and the final pieces look much cheaper. Sven, you are a lucky man. Can I at least come look at your original?

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 8:11 pm   Permalink

Jeez Louise, they are just cranking that Tiki Room stuff out, aren't they! This is just the 45th, I wonder what they will have left to make for the 50TH ANNIVERSARY! Especially with all the collectors editions for the 46th, 47th, 48th and 49th ! (Just kidding)

Well, the "Pièce de Résistance" is of course "Le Cup du Rongo" (not its actual name) by our friends Kevin and Jody:

The mug collectors world is abuzz! A fine job, indeed.
And the other whammy is the Enchanted Tiki Fountain, with real running water and lights, sound (or stick) triggered!:

Here is Jody lifting a Mai Tai in celebration of its completion (the model, that is):

"Wake up, Jose":

Clearly a must-have! (Jose himself was on a break)

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 8:25 pm   Permalink

I think Ive seen that kitchen before somewhere in Silverlake?

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 8:44 pm   Permalink

Remember that Mai Tai there? My special recipe: Two thirds of dark rum, one third of golden, dash of a fresh lime, mint sprig...Voila!

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-05 12:30 pm   Permalink

If anyone would be willing to do me a big favor and pick me up one of those working tiki fountains, I would be happy to pay them in advance, including a few dollars extra for their trouble. Please PM me if you can help me out.

mahalo
Mike

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SGT623

Posted: 2008-05-14 03:58 am   Permalink

MUST HAVE THE FOUNTAIN!

I hope they will allow phone orders!

View Profile of SGT623 Send a personal message to SGT623      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation