FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 09:31 am   Permalink

Just got off the phone with Delivears(800 362 4533) and got my 2 tang babies, a pitcher and an aloha shirt. Be prepared to dial like you're trying to win tickets on the radio and when you finally do get through you might have a looooong wait. It was about 45 minutes of hold for me. When they did pick up they were super cool and helpful. Good luck!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-23 09:40 am   Permalink

I want to thanks EnchantedTikiGal for helping me yesterday. Even we don't know each other, she picked up the Shadow Box for me at the event. Unfortunately, they ran out of Tiki Fountain by the time it was her turn. (She was #26 in line she said).

Anyway, THANKS ENCHANTEDTIKIGAL!!

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-23 09:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 09:31, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Just got off the phone with Delivears(800 362 4533) and got my 2 tang babies, a pitcher and an aloha shirt. Be prepared to dial like you're trying to win tickets on the radio and when you finally do get through you might have a looooong wait. It was about 45 minutes of hold for me. When they did pick up they were super cool and helpful. Good luck!

Boy! I don't think I can get away with been on the phone for that long at work. I will try it during lunch time.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 11:34 am   Permalink

Got through this afternoon (east cosast time) ordered the fig set.
Said for to call back in late July for the fountain.
Also it seems that they are charging way too much for shipping especially for the limited items.
For example the tiki babies were $24 for shipping on each one. Thats sounds strange since they are only $20 a piece. Maybe someone could help me out on this item.

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 11:34, kbgator wrote:
Also it seems that they are charging way too much for shipping especially for the limited items.
For example the tiki babies were $24 for shipping on each one. Thats sounds strange since they are only $20 a piece. Maybe someone could help me out on this item.

I'd call back about the shipping, that can't be right. I just placed an order myself and the shipping was $36 for two Rongo bowls and four Tiki babies.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

I final got to call them and no, they don't have the fountain neither, I ordered 3 x $35 deluxe prints with shipping total = $129.50. I think that sounds right.
I went and found their shipping charge chart:

MERCHANDISE TOTAL:
Up to $50.00 Ground $9.95 Economy Air $24.95 Express Air $34.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $29.95 Express $39.95
$50.01 - $75.00 Ground $14.95 Economy Air $29.95 Express Air $39.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $34.95 Express $44.95
$75.01 - $100.00 Ground $19.95 Economy Air $34.95 Express Air $44.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $39.95 Express $49.95
$100.01 - $150.00 Ground $24.95 Economy Air $39.95 Express Air $49.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $44.95 Express $54.95
$150.01 - $250.00 Ground $29.95 Economy Air $49.95 Express Air $59.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $54.95 Express $64.95
$250.01 - $500.00 Ground $34.95 Economy Air $54.95 Express Air $74.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $59.95 Express $79.95
$500.01 - $1000. Ground $39.95 Economy Air $69.95 Express Air $89.95
Alaska & Hawaii Economy $74.95 Express $94.95

[ This Message was edited by: wishyouwell 2008-06-23 13:38 ]

tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:24 pm   Permalink

They said shipping was pricey and that disneyland was being strick on it becasue they are limited edition they are being shipped with UPS and insured, so the shipping is priced diffently then for normal items. I forgot to buy the purse and a mug and it was $24 for shipping, yikes! but still cheaper than the ebay prices for the item. And yes it's true I was there yesterday and forgot to get 2 things, by the time you get to the front of the line your so tired and worn out from the heat you could barely function.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:31 pm   Permalink

You have to phone back in July to see if they have any left, they ran out of them and only had 60 available that day, so they promised the people that were waiting in line that we would be the first to them and they took our info, then if anything is left they will sell that to the public, hope that helps.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:34 pm   Permalink

I too, waited f-o-r-e-v-e-r on hold to get through, and after nearly an hour I did. I was shocked at the $24 PER BOWL ($48) for shipping, but paid it, considering the net price (bowl plus shipping) better than any net ebay price.

Thanks to this thread, I did call back asking them to re-check the rates I was charged. The castmember confirmed that I was charged the correct price, but spoke with a supervisor and got it reduced to $32 for the entire order.

Other than the original shipping charges, my experience with Disney DelivEARs was great, and I'm glad they have such a service at all.

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-23 3:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-22 17:17, catmomma wrote:

I think you answered your own question.

I have to admit though, I am into the stuff but if I can swing getting 2 of something I will buy two, sit on one awhile and sell it on eBay. I usually list for what I bought it for though and let the bidders take it higher if they want. It has enabled me to be able to afford to collect what I do get for myself.

What catmomma does is fine with me. At least she actually like the stuff she bought. But I am talking about those people do that for profit only. It is all just a business transaction to them, wait in line for a few hours and make $1700!!! While the rest of us work hard everyday to earn money and wait in line to get something we enjoy, those people only see $$$ in their eyes. <It still makes me mad just think about it>

thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 4:09 pm   Permalink

i know what catmomma is talking about. i was there and stood in line for five hours. i paid $210 for summer fun passes for myself and my daughter and for parking, probably another $20 for the gas, and bought a bunch of stuff for myself. i always pick up an extra of a couple of things to sell on ebay, just to try to recoup some of my expenses.

the folks i really feel bad for are the ones who went through the purchasing process before they revealed that they would take names for the fountains. those of us who hung in there anyway were told we would get fountains for sure, but i didn't hear them say anything about people being able to call in to get them.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 5:45 pm   Permalink

What Do You Think...

The Disney site for the 45th Anniversary merchandise says that the Rongo Bowl is an edition of 500. I just spoke to someone who already has their bowl, and asked them what indicates on the bowl, or anything that comes with the bowl, that it is part of an edition of 500. He looked at the bowl, the tag on the bowl, and all of the packaging. Apparently, nothing on the bowl or with the bowl states or certifies this.

Doesn't this diminish this as a collectable? Is Disney free to simply run more of them, if it chooses? After all, it doesn't even say "limited edition", just edition.

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2008-06-23 17:46 ]

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 17:45, jwtiki wrote:
What Do You Think...

The Disney site for the 45th Anniversary merchandise says that the Rongo Bowl is an edition of 500. I just spoke to someone who already has their bowl, and asked them what indicates on the bowl, or anything that comes with the bowl, that it is part of an edition of 500. He looked at the bowl, the tag on the bowl, and all of the packaging. Apparently, nothing on the bowl or with the bowl states or certifies this.

Doesn't this diminish this as a collectable? Is Disney free to simply run more of them, if it chooses? After all, it doesn't even say "limited edition", just edition.

[ This Message was edited by: jwtiki 2008-06-23 17:46 ]

They handed out little half-sheets of paper that state that they are limited to a run of 500 in addition to some other information. They weren't very good about handing these out to people. I bought two mugs and only got one sheet. Some didn't get one. I wasn't about to stand in line again to get a second sheet.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 7:33 pm   Permalink

Boy, I can't wait to see how Disneyland handles the 50th anniversary of the ETR.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 10:51 pm   Permalink

If you bought a Rongo Bowl, it should have came in a white box that had print on it stating:
DESC: KK&JD RONGO TIKIBWL LE500
UPC#400014069664
Q'TY: 1 PC
MADE IN CHINA

Here are images of the box:

and Certificate:

This is the Certificate of Verification, but they looked like they were xerox office copies basically confirming that the bowls were Limited Edition, and that no infringement shall be made against the design. Maybe they should have printed that in Chinese and had it posted in the factory where these came from. China seems to bootleg everything nowadays.

Also, If anyone has an extra mug like
a Brown Pele:

or a Disneyland 50th Anniversary Shag Adventureland Tiki Mug:

lying around in mint to near mint condition, and would be interested in a Rongo Bowl trade, let me know through a PM...

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-06-23 23:38 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation