FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-06-23 11:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 14:34, jwtiki wrote:
Thanks to this thread, I did call back asking them to re-check the rates I was charged. The castmember confirmed that I was charged the correct price, but spoke with a supervisor and got it reduced to $32 for the entire order.

They'll make up for it by packing it cheaply and shipping it uninsured.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 07:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 23:40, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-23 14:34, jwtiki wrote:
Thanks to this thread, I did call back asking them to re-check the rates I was charged. The castmember confirmed that I was charged the correct price, but spoke with a supervisor and got it reduced to $32 for the entire order.

They'll make up for it by packing it cheaply and shipping it uninsured.

Sadly, you may be right, and I hadn't thought of that...

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sync

Posted: 2008-06-24 2:38 pm   Permalink

I made it to the ETR 45th opening on Sunday at the park-- wrote up a detailed report on my blog at:

http://syncopator.blogspot.com

Was a bit of an ordeal to say the least, but I got what I was after (or will at least, assuming they call me on the Fountain as I got on the list well within 500 I think)...

--

Sync

View Profile of Sync Send a personal message to Sync  Goto the website of Sync     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 5:57 pm   Permalink

If you were asked if you wanted a fountain and made it on a list, you are to be guaranteed a callback to see if you are still interested in purchasing the fountain. If yes, they will take your billing info over the phone and mail it out.
They were actually doing tallying every so often as to not overbook the selling of the fountain. Once they reached a total of 500, they stopped the list. If you were asked, you've made it before the cutoff, and should expect a call from DelivEARS when the fountains are ready to ship.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sync

Posted: 2008-06-24 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 17:57, Tom Slick wrote:
If you were asked if you wanted a fountain and made it on a list, you are to be guaranteed a callback to see if you are still interested in purchasing the fountain. If yes, they will take your billing info over the phone and mail it out.
They were actually doing tallying every so often as to not overbook the selling of the fountain. Once they reached a total of 500, they stopped the list. If you were asked, you've made it before the cutoff, and should expect a call from DelivEARS when the fountains are ready to ship.

Interesting-- so it sounds like they did sell out and my wait in line just to get on the list was worthwhile. One thing however, I know a couple of people in line seemed to put themselves on the list for 2 Fountains more because they were clearly so hard to get rather than because that is what they were after-- one guy said he hadn't planned on getting a Fountain at all but decided to get himself on the list anyway, as there seemed to be no downside to that-- so it seems likely to me that some people on the list will decide to pass on them once they get called, especially when they realize what 2 Fountains + shipping is going to cost them-- which could mean that eventually there may be some available via DelivEARS, though good luck catching them at the right time as there probably won't be very many...

View Profile of Sync Send a personal message to Sync  Goto the website of Sync     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SGT623

Posted: 2008-06-25 08:09 am   Permalink

ARRRRRRRRRH! All I wanted was the fountain and now I'm outta luck...unless I want to pay out the nose on ebay. If anyone gets a hold of an extra at a fair price, please let me know!

Thanks
șoș

View Profile of SGT623 Send a personal message to SGT623      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-25 10:28 pm   Permalink

ArrrrrrrrrG!!! This guy on ebay sold a Tiki Funtain today and mode $300.... and he just listed another one!!! I wonder how many out of the 60 sold on Sunday did he snapped up.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-25 22:28, wishyouwell wrote:
ArrrrrrrrrG!!! This guy on ebay sold a Tiki Funtain today and mode $300.... and he just listed another one!!! I wonder how many out of the 60 sold on Sunday did he snapped up.

Well you were only allowed 2 each, but if he brought friends who knows. It seems to me that if only 60 arrived they should of limited them to 1 each.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 09:44 am   Permalink

I posted a subject on the tiki fountains, but maybe I posted the topic wrong as no one has responded to it, so if you go under search and type in Disneyland, you will find my post with some helpful information regarding to the tiki fountain, it's under disneyland tiki fountain, it might help someone out there get some of them.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-26 3:46 pm   Permalink

the obvious ploy was to work as a couple: husband buys two, wife buys two = four to a "family" to exploit on ebay . . .

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-27 1:02 pm   Permalink

Got my order today. For some reason, they only gave me one of the two babies and did not send me my pitcher. Not really sure why, the order person had the stuff with her because she had to go look to she if they had it. Sorta sucks, but they didn't charge me for shipping?

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 2:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-27 13:02, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Got my order today. For some reason, they only gave me one of the two babies and did not send me my pitcher. Not really sure why, the order person had the stuff with her because she had to go look to she if they had it. Sorta sucks, but they didn't charge me for shipping?

That happened to me, if it says no shipping charge you may get the other stuff in a separate box, either way i would call them and find out right away.

EnchantedTikiGal

Posted: 2008-06-27 7:37 pm   Permalink

Was at the park just tonight.. I didn't buy, because the checkout was soooo long, with only one staff in the shop.

they had (as of Midnight thurs)
Lucite bracelets (LOTS)
6 Pillows
Steve Nicolai Prints
Both glasses
Purse/Tote
Bar Towels

They have rongo bowl and tiki babies in the window, but unavailable in the shop. I was told to check back in a few days. I will be there Sunday and will update again

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGal Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGal  Email EnchantedTikiGal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 08:08 am   Permalink

Is any of this stuff at the Downtown Disney store so you can get it without buying a ticket?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGal

Posted: 2008-06-29 02:15 am   Permalink

No, it's not available anywhere other than the disneyana shop.. However... When we were complaining about the fountain issue, the gentleman who was helping us informed us that you can get a "shopping pass" to the park. It's for 1 hour only.. You leave your credit card, and if you do not return within the hour, they charge your card for admission. Now, none of us had ever heard of this, but the man who told us, was of some seniority, and was very sure about this. I think it is definitely worth a try!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGal Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGal  Email EnchantedTikiGal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation