FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Aloha John's Exotic Village - new pics added on pg 2 - 7/2/09
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Aloha John's Exotic Village - new pics added on pg 2 - 7/2/09
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 7:35 pm   Permalink

Well I have been holding out on you guys. June '07 I started a major backyard overhaul and it is now almost done. Prior to June my collection of car projects has gotten out of control and my yard had evolved into a gravel junkyard. I got sick of my yard looking like it did, so I came up with a plan, got rid of several cars, and went to work. I did all the work (design, electrical, landscaping, and construction) myself, with some design input and manual labor here and there from my girlfriend. I haven't really done too much on it since the first of the year. It was done enough in early Jan to put away the chop saw and shovel and make some drinks and work on my cars. But now that spring is here I will get back to it and wrap up the last of the projects.

E komo mai...

The "Kapu Cove"

The "Beachcomber Bar"

The view from behind the bar-

"Moai Beach"

"The Lagoon"

Some of the things I still need to finish are the barstools, the firepit, and the spa step. And I have some shell lamps I am going to make and more nautical decor to add to the Beachcomber Bar.

Here are some of the pre-village shots and some of the construction.

Back in that corner is where the spa is...rediculous isn't it?

I couldn't sell them all, so I decided to "hide" the ugliest one-

Another old shot from upstairs-

Bamboo to screen off the view of my neighbors monster rv.

The "Hana Hut" (the shed) and the layout starts...

Starting construction on the Kapu Cove and the Beachcomber Bar-

Gotta give credit to my dad (retired civil engineer) for helping me design the roof and he helped me install the rafters/center beam.

That was a lot of hard work, but loads of fun, and very rewarding! Now I can alternate between working on my cars and my hanging out with friends in my Exotic Village.

-Aloha John

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2008-07-14 19:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2009-07-02 22:10 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 7:55 pm   Permalink

Wow! That's an impressive transformation.

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 8:48 pm   Permalink

Hell yeah! Now you can suckem up in style.
Wanna sell the T-Bird?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Esquina Del Tiki!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-12 8:51 pm   Permalink

Being a car and tiki guy I must say I am super jealous of your backyard! Your work and creativity is top notch, thanks for sharing.

Good to see you kept the Buick.

LED Tiki

View Profile of La Esquina Del Tiki! Send a personal message to La Esquina Del Tiki!  Email La Esquina Del Tiki! Goto the website of La Esquina Del Tiki!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 9:29 pm   Permalink

That's inspirational. And to think you accomplished so much in a short time too. A standing ovation to you!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 10:17 pm   Permalink

What a great yard!! It has all the elements, a water feature, great landscaping, & cool lighting. Being a Buick guy too I glad to see it in the new pictures. What happen to all the rides?

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 03:52 am   Permalink

Wow - what an awesome piece of work there, well done Sweeeet rides too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 05:23 am   Permalink

Fantastic transformation. Love the whole open outdoor concept. The tub enclosure structure with the bar seemingly attached yet off at an angle. Love the "airquarium" behind the bar. Amazing job with the utility shed! That tall Moai looks real cool. The whole place must just be magical at night. You went from 'Sanford and Sons' to 'Gilligans Isl'e to 'Fantasy Island' with amazing style. Great job - I soooo want a space like that, that I can call my own someday!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-13 05:39 am   Permalink

Yep...what they all said...amazing job!!! I especially love Moai Beach...very kewl. Had a 62 T-bird in my younger day...great car.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-13 08:31 am   Permalink

JOhn - beautiful, absolutely beautiful. You've really carved your own slice of paradise back there with two of my favorite things too - tiki and old cars!!!!

I admire your attention to detail and I REALLY like how you "hid" that shed.

I remember you mentioning this project back at TO 6 and it's great to see the major components up and working! thanks for sharing!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-13 08:40 am   Permalink

That looks awesome. Great job. When can GROG come over for a drink and lounge in the hottub?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-13 08:47 am   Permalink

It looks like you put in a LOT of hard work. Now sit back in the spa with a Mai Tai and ENJOY it!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMike 2008-03-13 08:48 ]

View Profile of TikiMike Send a personal message to TikiMike  Email TikiMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 08:50 am   Permalink

Great work. The hard work shows. Thanks for taking the time to share.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 09:27 am   Permalink

John, excellent job with the amazing backyard transformation! Looks like it was a lot of labor... but a labor of love. Relaxing in this backyard paradise must have been a huge motivating factor. I love the little theme areas, you packed a lot into an average size backyard. The log edging looks great and I envy your new plants. I could plant those all in May and they would be dead by the first frost in October.

The Marq and Tang wall hangings look great here! A fine environment they ended up in! Thanks again for all your support!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-03-13 09:28 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flat Black
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 1:31 pm   Permalink

Now that was an awesome transformation.

Looks amazing now.

View Profile of Flat Black Send a personal message to Flat Black      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation