FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Vermont's 1st ever Tiki Train !
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Vermont's 1st ever Tiki Train !
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 5:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
April 19th 2008 will be a first for N. E. as The Green Mountain R.R. will have a 3 hour plus Tiki Train . Performing on board will be "WAITIKI", our own fabulous N.E. exotica band ...included will be a fine Ho rs d'oeuvre heavy menu of expertly prepared foods,your first drink (well made with Appleton rum and the emphasis on quality),cash bar..and of course a slow trip from Bellows Falls to Chester,Vt.and back! Seating is limited to 120 or so. "All Aboard" at 4 PM with a return about 7 PM....$60 dollars per (additional area room packages available).... Forget mud season, bring your spirit of Aloha and ride with us! Hula Cat

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2008-03-21 11:36 ]

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 7:08 pm   Permalink

That sounds awesome, we're totally up for that. Is this going to be listed as a special excursion train on the Green Mountain site or will reservations be somewhere else?

[ This Message was edited by: rev_thumper 2008-03-13 19:11 ]

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 10:34 am   Permalink

Doh!!!

I cant make it. I have a prior commitment that day. I think thats also the day of the Tew Distillery tour...that I also cant make! Too much cool stuff going on up here as of late. I love it, but wish I had more free time!!

Best of luck with the train, sorry I wont be able to join.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 11:35 am   Permalink

Yeah, I was also thinking there's too much cool stuff happening and that we won't be able to make it all.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 3:50 pm   Permalink

this sounds cool most of the ski place in vt are closed around that time could be fun.
whats the deal with brining kids who like tiki and trains and vt. ps i have place near stratton that people can crash if needed. PM me as we get closer

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 8:09 pm   Permalink

We're looking forward to playing this one! Thanks TikiCat! Let us know when a "buy ticket" link is available or other ticket purchasing info, and we'll post it on our website and in our newsletter!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-16 08:34 am   Permalink

Aloha, ticket links should be up by Tuesday for the Tiki train....gotta allow for some St.Patrick's day recovery !...will try to post photos of the train as well(pre decoration!)... more info to come... Hula Cat (This Wednesday Is the Bellows Falls Chamber of Commerce Dinner...the theme..Polynesia! ...gotta see if they have a clue! )

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 07:02 am   Permalink

I don't see anything yet. I don't want to miss it!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:39 pm   Permalink

DITTO TO PAPPYS POST might have a decent crew up for this -if that helps

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 8:26 pm   Permalink

Wait what? 'ma gonna read the post then comment.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 8:29 pm   Permalink

Post read. Count me +1 or so in. 6-5000

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 8:54 pm   Permalink

I should be in! The Mrs is going to a Sox game so I'll be choo-choo'ing solo.

Anyone know of any good hobo drinks?

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 11:11 am   Permalink

HERE'S THE GATEWAY TO NIRVANA!

All Aboard!.... The First Ever Tiki Train!
Mud Season meets Polynesia !!
Music, gourmet food, train ride, and great exotic drinks!
Encompassing “Exotica” music by the band from Boston-Waitiki-check them out at
http://www.waitiki.com, Food by local Vermont Harvest Moon Catering, and round-trip train ride from Bellows Falls to Chester Depot on the Green Mountain Flyer.

When: April 19, 2008, boarding at 3:30 pm and return approximately 7:30 pm
Where: Departs from Bellows Falls Depot, 54 Depot Street, Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Venue: Live Music: by the Waitiki, a 4 piece, award winning “Exotica” band from Boston Ma.(Hawaii music awards album of the year)
Food: Quality Vermont Made! Delicious food by the local Harvest Moon Catering including appetizer style: Sesame Chicken Satay with Hoisin Dip, Mini Coconut Crab Cakes with Curried Aioli Sauce, Veggie Spring Rolls, Shrimp Skewer, Fruit and Veggie Display, Macadamia Nut Hummus Served with Pitas, Sweet and Sour Meatballs and more!
Drinks: Classic, Polynesian drinks well made with quality rums and juices (Mai Tai, Navy Grog etc.! (Cash Bar with first drink complimentary)

Ticket Information and Purchase at: http://www.rails-vt.com under specials... $60.00 per person. Additional local and overnight information available by calling the Great Falls Regional Chamber of Commerce at 802-463-4280.

All this on the classic 1920's club,dining and bar cars of the "Silver Line" train....a slow, delicious meander thru the hills of Vermont...
book early so we can get plenty of food and drink ready!
See you April 19th! Aloha....Hula Cat

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2008-03-21 11:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2008-03-26 12:06 ]

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 7:19 pm   Permalink

Still no link on the GMRR site I'm tempted to sign up for the Easter Bunny Express though.

Hey are there any guys flying solo for the Tiki Train? I'd offer a spot to the ladies but my lady might not be too keen on the idea. Anyway I'm looking to split the cost of a room just for the night after the Tiki Train. I'm sure I'll be in no shape to drive 3+ hours home by the time the event is over. PM me if you're interested.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 3:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha , I just got in touch with the Green Mnt. R.R. people and they are doing maint. on server...that's why you haven't been able to link up yet ....Rumor has it the Easter bunny chewed some pastel colored cables while making reservations for the Easter train! so don't give up it'll all be rolling soon ...Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2008-03-21 22:45 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation