FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Vermont's 1st ever Tiki Train !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Vermont's 1st ever Tiki Train !
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 06:26 am   Permalink

Man, I can't wait! I think thems that miss this one will be kicking themselves 'til next year. Chooo Choooooo!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 07:43 am   Permalink

Choo-choo indeed. And speaking of...

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 2:47 pm   Permalink

I want to go so baaaaaaad
It's so hard to get to without a drivers license though. I checked amtrak schedules and the only train in gets in about 4o mins after the tiki train leaves.. doh!

If I can only find a private pilot to fly me up... yeah - thats the ticket.

If anyone happens to be drivin by, notheastern massachewsetts, I would gladly pay your gas ... and more!

J

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 4:13 pm   Permalink

here's a Toll free # to get tickets as well 1-800-707-3530
Hula Cat

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 10:13 am   Permalink

If anyone has a seat in their car from the Boston area that could possibly squeeze in one gal with a suitcase full of flowers, I'd be much obliged... PM me!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 4:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
Train tikification happens on Friday afternoon.....looks like I'll be pulling a lot of stuff outta the shop window and such ....lets see how much I can cram in those train cars in three hours!! Perhaps I should put paddles outside the windows (like a tubular galley!)...the route does take us along a river!...will everyone on the have to drink the same cocktail to keep us from going in circles?.... "Charlie on the MTA"
...."did they ever return-did they ever return"......NOW that's TIKI!!
See ya' Saturday!! Train actually leaves the station about 4 PM (more time to get drinks ,food and settled in (I think Tiki good times should always be flexible).
"When they were handing out brains ,you thought they said TRAINS and you took the first one out of town!" (something my dad always said to me) hmmmmm?... could this be what he ment? Hula Cat-Greg yeah , I'm losing it

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 4:50 pm   Permalink

you guys are going to have a great time - lots of photos please!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 4:56 pm   Permalink

Oh yes, there will be photos. Maybe even some video too. Stay tuned!!!

jpmartdog and Suzanne - Santa is coming early this year. Check your PMs.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 5:56 pm   Permalink

Wheeee!

Thanks!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KlutzyGirl

Posted: 2008-04-18 06:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-15 14:47, jpmartdog wrote:
I want to go so baaaaaaad
It's so hard to get to without a drivers license though. I checked amtrak schedules and the only train in gets in about 4o mins after the tiki train leaves.. doh!

J

I didn't check the Amtrak schedule, but did you notice the Tiki Train leaves at 4-ish, and I'm sure Hula Cat would be willing to hold it for you if necessary...it's a leisurely tour. Or maybe you and Suzanne could rent a car and come up that way.

Can't wait to meet all you fine folks tomorrow!

View Profile of KlutzyGirl Send a personal message to KlutzyGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 07:39 am   Permalink

Aloha ! one more day! "and the wayward sound of the outward bound " can become a reality. of course the haunting sound of a couch shell would make a perfect "ALL ABOARD" ...Tim??

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 12:04 pm   Permalink

SOOOOOOOOO What's the best hotel/motel/guest house to stay inn on Saturday night ??? Where is the after event/crawl gonna happen?

ALSO - what's the dresscode.... is the casual, beachcomber shorts and samdals look cool for the 1940's ambiance of the tiki train ..... or should we be dressing the Cary Grant North by Northwest vibe.

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2008-04-18 13:34 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-18 12:04, jpmartdog wrote:
SOOOOOOOOO What's the best hotel/motel/guest house to stay inn on Saturday night ??? Where is the after event/crawl gonna happen?

ALSO - what's the dresscode.... is the casual, beachcomber shorts and samdals look cool for the 1940's ambiance of the tiki train ..... or should we be dressing the Cary Grant North by Northwest vibe.

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2008-04-18 13:34 ]

Hey Mr. Artdog! Glad to see that you're going to catch the train. We miss you!

The "official" motel seems to be The Everyday Inn ,Bellows Falls Vt. 802-463-4536

We're staying elsewhere, but I'm sure we'll be up for some post-train activities.

I am also wondering what the dress code is...Hula Cat? Oh Man of Many, Many Outfits, Please Guide Us!

But if I don't hear otherwise, I'm going for more formal than casual ( via a lovely vintage Hawaii-made full-length dress.) Also, the Mr. will be wearing one of his many barkcloth shirts, with khakis and dress shoes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
~Gina

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 5:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
I'm so excited !
I'll be wearing (at least till I spill something )a mix of formal and retro poly/pop but shorts and a fly aloha shirt or summer dress is equally as right!
really ' some folks are getting their first taste ...so we gotta' give 'em something to be inspired by....weather looks great for the trip ...if you come around 1 or so we could hit my shop for brief spin..
it ain't a party till we all show up!

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Cat 2008-04-18 21:05 ]

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 6:10 pm   Permalink

Forecast for Bellows Falls, VT - Saturday, April 19, 2008:

"Sunny skies. Warm. High 72F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph."

Cooler in the evening but still expected to be above 60 degrees when the train ride ends.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation