FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » That's MY Tiki Archeology video on e-bay...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
That's MY Tiki Archeology video on e-bay...
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 01:54 am   Permalink

...and I may sell it! I need money, I'm selling some other stuff too this week.
I am not counting on making a mint like that Martin Denny video a while back, but I won't refuse the crazy money either.
Some people have it to spend, lettem.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 08:46 am   Permalink

whats your ebay id?

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:02 am   Permalink

Me man-tiki, alter ego of Sven-Tiki

Hey, how can one totally cancel an auction? For no reason at all my Sepik Explorer auction got double posted, so I messed with the text and image to make sure that nobody puts a bid on it, but I'd like to get rid of it completely...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:13 am   Permalink

here's the link to end your auction early :

http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=0&pUserId=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi3.ebay.com%2Faw-cgi%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FEndingMyAuction%26pass%3D%7B_pass_%7D%26userid%3D&pp=pass&pageType=562&i1=0

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:20 am   Permalink

"Some people have it to spend, lettem. "

Amen, brother. Can't beat 'em? Sell to them.

Shall eagerly await more of your listings. Good luck, definitley won't need it on the Shag mugs.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:43 am   Permalink

Sven's Auctions List:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=man-tiki&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-27 7:30 pm   Permalink

so, you need money eh?..............got any KELBO'S RELICS??????????????????????????CASH WAITING!

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-27 11:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha Sven!

I COMPLETELY understand the need to let the huddled Tikiless masses have access to your video (I'm a little shy of cash my own self lately), but I think this is the right time and thread to ask you: is it still available to we Tiki Centralite newbies that don't have our own copies yet? After all, this is an auction; is it that rare now? No longer reproduced by your esteemed self?

Looking forward to your answer with bated, rum-enhanced breath,
emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-01 11:23 am   Permalink

Okay, am I just being dumb? The silence is ominous...but my teachers always told me there ARE no stupid questions!

I'll ask again: is the Sven video still available to us Tiki Centralites, as per the instructions found in an old thread with the prices, mailing address, etc?

Much thanx and aloha,
em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-01 2:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-01 11:23, emspace wrote:
Okay, am I just being dumb? The silence is ominous...but my teachers always told me there ARE no stupid questions!

I'll ask again: is the Sven video still available to us Tiki Centralites, as per the instructions found in an old thread with the prices, mailing address, etc?

Much thanx and aloha,
em

Yes, certainly my friend, Tiki Centralites can always obtain it directly from me for twenny bucks cash.

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-01 6:29 pm   Permalink

Yay!!! Wahoo!!! Thanx bigbro, may Lono bestow unlimited blesings upon you.

look forward to that snail-mail soon,
emspace

Leilani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:39 am   Permalink

Does the offer still stand for TC'ers?

Even now???

View Profile of Leilani Send a personal message to Leilani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 11:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-05 10:39, Leilani wrote:
Does the offer still stand for TC'ers?

Even now???

Well, I decided to give TCers a discount:
It'll be 750.- instead of 780.-!

...only kidding. While I hope there are more rich fans that don't mind dropping a mint on it in the future, you TCers are at the source, here is the info again. Remember, for your personal use only!:

This delightful journey into Tikiland consists of two videos produced before THE BOOK OF TIKI was published. But since my research had a major influence on the making of them, they visually complement the book nicely.
Expeditions to sites that are now gone, like THE TIKIS and the Playa Del Rey Polynesian Village Apartments, Interviews, and archival footage of people and places mentioned in the book allow the urban archeologist to revisit and discover the sites and sounds of Polynesia Americana:

PART 1 : "THE AIRCONDITIONED EDEN"-25 minutes-

This 1996 documentary was produced and directed by expatriate American Peter Stuart for BBC’s channel 4. The archival footage features highlights such as Martin Denny’s first live performance on the Dinah Shore show. To actually SEE Augie Colon voice those birdcalls is an unforgettable moment (I apologize that my voice over was layed over some of it!). Martin is also interviewed in the film, and we see one of the last interviews with James Michener. -Original footage of the Disneyland Tiki room and the Kon Tiki voyage further document important Tiki moments in history.

PART 2: "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES INFLIGHT VIDEO MAGAZINE" -20 minutes-
This Tiki Tour of Los Angeles was only shown on outbound flights of Hawaiian Airlines in 1999. You get to see my house, my Kon Tiki shirt, lots of Tiki apartments (like the Armet & Davis designed Polynesian Village which is now razed), Bahooka’s Restaurant, and Oceanic Arts in Whittier. Gracious host Miss Hawaii 1998 does not necessarily follow my train of thought, but does a good job stroking the lava rock Vanna White-style.

(So I sold a bunch of videos at the Atlanta Hukilau, and I popped one in the bigscreen player at the Fountainhead Lounge, and to my surprise I see that I have involuntaryly copied a bonus piece at the end of it: The DON TIKI musicvideo shot at La Mariana's in Waikiki! It's not mentioned on the box because I forgot it was at the end of the HAWAIIAN AIRLINES tape!

PAYMENT TERMS: Mail Order Only!
For simplicity, it's 20.- dollars. DO send cash! A 20.- bill is easy to hide in an envelope (checks will do in a pinch). Mail to:

Sven Kirsten
2300 Hidalgo Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90039

This video is made only for Tiki Centralites and personal sale by me. Any profiteering with it on e-bay will result in loss of mana!

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:45 pm   Permalink

Send away for them folks. This video is too cool. I've had mine for months now and watch it sometimes before carving to load up on the tiki mana. The version with the music video is funny. That bald guy haunts my dreams now and then. UUUHHHHUUU....

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 08:23 am   Permalink

Check is in the mail Sven.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation