FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Classic Bars of New York Tour Part I
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Classic Bars of New York Tour Part I
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 11:43 am   Permalink

Any other bars? I am here and I have been to all ones mentioned above except for 21. Let me know please. I am on my way to 21. I love New York even when it is pouring rain, hahahaha.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 5:52 pm   Permalink

Be absolutely sure to check out Elettaria in the West Village.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-10 17:52, rev_thumper wrote:

June... June, my friend. Spending 6 days within spitting distance of it. Their Navy Grogs WILL be mine, bwahaha!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-11 15:56, GatorRob wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-10 17:52, rev_thumper wrote:

June... June, my friend. Spending 6 days within spitting distance of it. Their Navy Grogs WILL be mine, bwahaha!

Looking forward to raising a glass, Rob. Let us know when you are available to consume some adult beverages during your visit.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 5:42 pm   Permalink

I finally checked out Pegu Club on W Houston, great drinks, especially the 'Gin Gin' ginger cocktail, one of my new favorites. vaguely polynesian decor as well.

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 06:37 am   Permalink

Pegu is an excellent place. If you catch them on a less busy night and get a seat at the bar (good luck), you can usually get them to make several tiki drinks that are not on the menu, depending on the bartender, including mai tais, zombies, singapore slings, etc. The bartenders are usually happy to share whatever personal cocktail experiments they have been working only lately too, which can be interesting.

The decor is cool, I believe they were going for the feel of a 1900-ish british asian-colonial club (specifically Burma I think). Nice dark feel to it.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-13 17:42, Tiki Kollektor wrote:
I finally checked out Pegu Club on W Houston, great drinks, especially the 'Gin Gin' ginger cocktail, one of my new favorites. vaguely polynesian decor as well.

I am partial to the "Gin Gin cocktail" myself, and their deviled eggs with the smoked fish on top!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 12:38 pm   Permalink

Pegu Club is going to get several visits out of me. I've made their signature drink quite a few times and it's a personal fav. To hear that they will also mix up tiki drinks makes them even more of a "must visit".

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 2:42 pm   Permalink

I walked by the Monkey Bar yesterday. It looks like it's closed down!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 10:29 pm   Permalink

Here is a post I just started in travel.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31292&forum=16&start=last&0
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation