FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 09:21 am   Permalink

Hey rwhgeek, dig a little deeper - you missed some stuff.

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-10 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-10 09:21, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Hey rwhgeek, dig a little deeper - you missed some stuff.

Thanks for the heads up probably wouldn't have found them until I dumped the foam peanuts in the giant box of peanuts I have in the basement and who knows when that would have happened. Found a nice big stack of drink suggestion placemats and a most excellent bar guide that was at one point a marketing piece for Northland Firelog. You, my friend, ROCK.

[ This Message was edited by: rwhgeek 2008-05-10 11:57 ]

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 12:00 pm   Permalink

I received my package yesterday and was surprised to find all this great stuff neatly packed into a fairly small box! A blue whalers tiki shot glass, an OMC Maui Kauai mug in it's ORIGINAL BOX, Trader Vic's Bartender's Guide, Walgreens S&P shakers, Don the Beachcomber plaque, four Maui Tiki Tours postcards and one large Mai Kai postcard. WOW! The only thing missing was the TC name of the person who'd sent it all. I sent a quick PM inquiry to Trade-Off coordinator Bogielocks and the mystery was solved. My trader was none other than Bogielocks himself! We both got a laugh outa that one! Thanks Bogielocks for all the great stuff AND for making this trade-off happen!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-07 09:51, Bogielocks wrote:
The following folks were mailed yesterday..

Catmomma
Go Tiki

Have not seen my package yet I leave on vacation in a couple of days. I keep staring out the window waiting to see what the delivery guy brings me. The anticipation is killing me.

[ This Message was edited by: catmomma 2008-05-12 10:54 ]

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 3:41 pm   Permalink

Got the mug on Friday but was out of town for the weekend. Just opened it today to find my surprise all the way from Canada. I don't know your TC name so thank you so much "A".

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 5:03 pm   Permalink

I picked up my package today from Trader Tom.

Wow. All I can say is wow!

Classic card with a Varga girl.

Two Aloha tumblers with sweet looking wahines on them. Don Ho Suck 'Em Up and Damon's Glendale glasses, very classy.

Swizzles from Tiki Farm, The Kahiki, Trader Vic's Waikiki and Kon Tiki Waikiki!

Herman Melville's "Typee" paperback.

$15.00 in gift certificates to the Bahooka!

And a Tiki Farm "Joe Vitale" "Tiki Boy" mug commemorating the birth of his Trader Tom's son, Joseph Alan Morgan!

What a great day. Thank you Trader Tom!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 6:37 pm   Permalink

You need to break out the macro lens and tighten up on that Varga girl a bit.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 8:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Closettiki! This got here on Friday:

I got a Don the Beachcomber Barrel Mug! So Nice!
I'm also a bit of a swizzle stick nerd, so the Kahiki ones were great! I never had those ones yet.

Plus, I received several Beachcomber tiki food picks! I'm guessing these may have originated from the Edmonton restaurant, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that these food picks have practically travelled in a full circle around Western North America.

P.S. TikiHai, that was me who sent the Hing Wah Calgary version of the R3 mug. Sorry for the lack of info (...and goodies! I too thought everyone would follow the "1 mug for 1 mug" rule...but now I know better!)

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 9:22 pm   Permalink

OK, we're coming down to the last shipments. The following folks should start to check the mail...

Minitor
SoccerTiki
Sweet Daddy Tiki

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 2:38 pm   Permalink

I got my box of Tiki swag from "RWH" today

Thanks SO much! This came at the perfect time too. I was in the middle of a nasty family situation on the phone when the box was delivered to my door. It helped put a much needed smile on my face.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 7:05 pm   Permalink

I received a lot of cool stuff, A "Trader Vic's" Skull mug - Not the Tiki Farm "Re-pop", Some very cool vintage swizzle sticks and matches from the "BeachComber" I don't have any of these cool colectables - I'm Stocked! Thanks Bro! Psyco Tiki D (PTD) Thanks for the fun! Mahalo! All Gogo

Count me in again for sure!

That Is A Great Phrase!

"Don't let the actions of some others, (no matter how very nice), limit the joy of what you give, or what you receive. It doesn't really matter... it's all good!" Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-05-13 19:14 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 10:13 am   Permalink

Got my box o'goodies last week from Tiki A. Moaikingbird:

Handled tiki mug with a swizzle from the Fijian Inn, a plam tree swizzle and a couple of swell tiki pins.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-17 11:49 pm   Permalink

My package was waiting for me when I got back from my little road trip this week. appreciated the package decoration and lots of fragile warnings, even on the bottom of the package, just in case.

Upon opening the box the first sight to meet my eyes were guess what...tiki butt.

excavating down deeper into the box I found my mug with his little toothpick holder friend and some stir sticks to add a little style to my next drink...next drink sounds good, maybe I'll go make something in it now...

Thanks Uncle John!!!
And thanks Bogielocks for setting up the mug trade off!

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 08:31 am   Permalink

It looks like the Spring Trade Off was quite successful. I hope everyone enjoyed himself or herself. I'll try and organize another one around the holidays. That way you have a summer of bargain hunting, yard sale locating, and Ebay sniping.

If someone hasn't received their trade, PM me, and I will try to get it resolved. I have just about everyone accounted for.

Until Christmas time, thanks to all who were involved...

Mahalo for shopping Tiki Central..

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 1:25 pm   Permalink

The Canada Post truck pulled up out front this afternoon

Could it be...??

Yessss indeedy!

Really well packed. Lots of tape requiring special tools.

At last! Getting close.

Bingo! Awesome vintage mug from the Stockton Islander.
There's something inside.

An array of swizzles: Harvey's Lake Tahoe, Hale Tiki, New Zealand Airlines... cool, a fez.
But there's more.

Coco Joe petroglyph ashtray. Excellent!
But there's still more.

Nifty little carved Moai. Sweet!
What's this at the bottom? Can there still be more?

Indeed. Adorable little plate with New Zealand hei tiki.

Schwag galore. I'm dumbfounded. Tikisgrl you rock my world!

I give this trade two big thumbs up.

Kisses.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation