FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki Orchestra Debuts April 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra Debuts April 19
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-03 8:04 pm   Permalink

Well, I wanted to keep our image a surprise for the fine tiki folks, but our new band photos came out way too good to keep from the public.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 9:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-03 12:53, squid wrote:
Hodad Hank was kind enough to sponsor us with some fab stage gear from his awesome store. And just in time for our photo shoot! Cheers Hank!

Long live the Gert Johnnies!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 4:25 pm   Permalink

For all you hardcore collectors out there, you simply have to pick up the rare Japanese LIVE double album (available only in Japan):

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 4:27 pm   Permalink

I picked this one up a thrift store--an early Tikiyaki Album, now out of print:

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 10:13 pm   Permalink

shit thats some funny ass stuff there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 09:15 am   Permalink

Its coming..just a few more days--and with Gary from the Blue Hawaiians on steel!

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 10:16 am   Permalink

Ha Ha ha Ha a ha ha ha ha Ha ha Im lauhing my ass off! wis I could be tere in person!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-16 10:16, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Ha Ha ha Ha a ha ha ha ha Ha ha Im lauhing my ass off! wis I could be tere in person!

Don't worry. We're coming to your town soon!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 4:00 pm   Permalink

Here's a recent shot of the Tikiyaki Tour Bus
after they got it back from the police....
long story....

AND HERE'S A SNEAK-PEEK of Squid on the cover of their soon-to-be-released
PROG-ROCK EP!!! the HITS just keep comin!

Visit
www.kenruzic.com
www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27247&forum=18&20
Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2008-04-16 16:20 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 4:24 pm   Permalink

I heard they werent coming because of a labor dispute with Holden . I shot this pic in front of Tiki Farm this morning .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 5:40 pm   Permalink

I found this very rare Tikiyaki Orchestra vinyl hanging on the bathroom wall of a local saimin restaurant. Apart from some tempura splatters and shoyu stains the cover is in reasonably good condition. However, the actual vinyl was being used as a pupu platter the next table over.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-17 12:24 am   Permalink

Yes...thats the "Psychadelic Monkey" single, released on brown vinyl.

The B side is "Cuckoo for Coconuts" - which charted in Denmark....Those Danes love The T.O.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 1:30 pm   Permalink

We'll be offering yet another reissue of a rare 45 platter, recently unearthed at the Alpine Village swap meet and remastered on a Wollensak reel to reel mono deck with a faulty pinch roller. See Ken Ruzic for details.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

...and don't forget the hot breakout album from the Tikiyaki Orchestra's vibes palyer, Marty Lush:

THis one is long out of print and devilishly hard to find. Copies go for over $.99 on Ebay.

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 2:00 pm   Permalink

Man, you guys should design LP covers for a living! These are priceless! Makes me wish I could hear the actual vinyls! Thanks, and keep it up!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation