FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Jam ,#4 a t Benzarts? LIVE Broadcast,,Check it!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Jam ,#4 a t Benzarts? LIVE Broadcast,,Check it!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 05:11 am   Permalink

Anyone interested in a Florida Chop at my house on May 3rd/4th? Not many details yet but we have a decent amount of parking and carving space, a fenced in back yard (with 4 small dogs)a guest bedroom and a pull out couch in my office. If you ever wanted to see the Benzart shop and get a lesson or 2, C'mon over down or up which ever it will be.
Post here or PM me with questions and info. Hopefully we can have at least a half dozen or many more Tiki Peeps here all having fun, fun and more fun!
Paipo, you and Tama are invited too as well as the rest of you guys from down Under.

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2008-05-03 13:16 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 07:02 am   Permalink

Count us in Benzo...cant wait...is it May yet?

Anything we can do to help, just ask.

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2008-03-28 07:02 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 07:11 am   Permalink

All Right Loki, you Made my day, Really happy you guys can make it!
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 07:16 am   Permalink

I'm planning on attending if my schedule works out! And if I can help with anything as well just let me know..

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-03-28 07:17 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 09:09 am   Permalink

Excellent, Hope you DO Make it Tiki-Kiliki, it's been a Long time. Don't know what we need yet but a good bet would be beverage and supplies. Most importantly, bring yourself and any other tiki nuts from Lauderdale!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 10:42 am   Permalink

I'll be there and probably drag wplugger with me. Anyone want to carpool? Or should I say - does anyone want to be my designated driver?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 1:27 pm   Permalink

Uke. Check.
Libations. Check.
First Aid Kt. Check.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 2:20 pm   Permalink

Ben.
Couldn't have it without me.

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 2:34 pm   Permalink

Well, since it looks like this is the official thread ...
I'll be there with a friend on Sunday for a few hours before continuing down the coast for my first visit to the Mai Kai. I'm really looking forward to meeting a bunch of the Florida Ohana! Not sure what I can bring since all my bar supplies will still be on the West Coast, but I think I could wrangle up a few mugs to throw in my suitcase.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 9:04 pm   Permalink

Whoa!

This Shop Chop truly has the potential to be one Epic event...way to go Ben!! I sure wished So Cal. wasn't sooo far away! I would be at this in a doo-dah minute if I could.

If'n I was coming, I would be bringing a mess of good fiddles of some sort or another!

You guys are going to have so much fun!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 1:25 pm   Permalink

Andy and I are so there!

I still suck at carving, at least in the wood medium. I would be more than happy to carve out some drinks.......

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 2:19 pm   Permalink

Ben, we'll try to be there!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 08:13 am   Permalink

Aloha, Great to hear you will be there and with Will to Boot, Thanks

Pablus, Check, check and check, See you there.

Will thanks, Glad you will make it.

Jen, just bring you! Thanks.

Babalu, Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement, I Know how the Chops out there have really brought you guys together and how so many Peeps are getting excellent tips from the pros. I would really love to see this turned into a monthly event here in South Florida.

Chip and Andy, Well if you keep hanging around these things you will learn more than you ever wanted to know. I'm Glad you guys will be here.

GatorRob, I really hope that you guys Can make it, that would be great!

What do we call this thing, SoCal already has a Chop and we really need our own Name. Actually, thinking about it we should keep the Original by Loki: "South Florida Tiki JAm" and this will be #4 I believe. Izzat OK with everyone?
I have a lot of wood including a few Palm trunks if anyone needs it.
Does everyone know where I am? PM me for the Address and phone number.
Happy HAPPY Happy

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2008-03-31 09:20 ]

Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 12:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben, I'll sell you the name

It's yours as long as we keep the torches burning and keep doing them. I just couldnt do one this year, its a lot of work. Glad you are taking the lead.
See ya in a few weeks.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 4:00 pm   Permalink

Ben, you guys are going to have a great time! I'm so jealous!

Quote:

On 2008-03-31 08:13, Benzart wrote:
Babalu, Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement, I Know how the Chops out there have really brought you guys together and how so many Peeps are getting excellent tips from the pros. I would really love to see this turned into a monthly event here in South Florida.

Oooh, if this does turn into a monthly thing, I'll put in a vote for the week before Hukilau, 6/7 or 6/8 as I should be out there at that time. If there was any way I could make it to the May one, I totally would as it sounds like such a great group to hang out with!

Getting a group of creative people like this together is an amazing thing! We're all lucky to have Ben as such a great teacher, without his willingness to share and teach, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation