FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Jam ,#4 a t Benzarts? LIVE Broadcast,,Check it!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Jam ,#4 a t Benzarts? LIVE Broadcast,,Check it!
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:55 am   Permalink

Yes, but Chip, you were also holding a sharp instrument and pounding on a piece of wood. A little intimidating...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 12:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben & Sherry for your hospitality! I had a great time meeting everyone and putting names with faces!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post, Here its is!

Chris and I had a blast!
I think next time I will do most of the chainsaw carving up front before I come and hang out while trying some finishing/detail work with the hand tools and small grinders. I was a bit self-conscious being the only loud, smelly and dirty chainsaw thing going on, although I thank Ben for being a gracious host by taking a couple of swipes at one of his pieces so I wouldn't feel like a red-headed stepchild. It looked like way more fun handcarving, hanging out, listening to Pablus and Hows on the Ukes while Chip Captained the bar, so I did not get much carved. I'll post my finished piece if it's not too embarrassing. Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming on My first "Chop" as a "wannabe" carver. I am inspired to try my hand at taking it up a notch and encouraged that there is an approachable and supportive community that not only freely shares knowledge but also shares so many of my varied interests as well. Mahalo!

Although one face threw me off a bit, I remember the guy on the right from Hukilau, but I don't know who that guy he's with is! Loki, Dude! My apologies, I honestly had no idea until I saw Benz B4 & after! That's one hell of a transformation! Thanks for your advice on the grinder, I'm on my way to Harbor Freight as soon as I finish this post.

For some reason I did not end up taking a lot of pictures but Gatorob, Robin and Ben picked up the slack. Nice Pics!
Thanks Chip & Pablus for the Libations!

Nobody told me there was going to be a tupperware party as well!

The Breakfast Club

On that NOT or KNOT..... mmmmm, I mean note, the road test of the Camper (which is a work in progress) Proved to be ......... illuminating and quite the test. More to follow, lets just say the ride home was not as smooth as the ride down and is actually still in progress. It looks a bit "Ghetto" right now but I hope to have it all painted and mostly restored/(repaired) by Hukilau. I may start a thread on it's restoration and Tiki-ation, Tikiversion, Tikifying or whatever you call it.

Ben, anything more I can do to help get you broadcasting fell free to call or PM me. I have found an extra one of those firewire adapters that I can send you if you PM me your zip code, although, I am going to be one exit from you on Tuesday when I.....errrr, come back over for the camper. Hey, It's been around since 1966 so... a labor of love, it is. Especially the LABOR part!

It was great to see friends again and meet new peeps.
Looking forward to the next one!

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2008-05-05 13:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2008-05-05 15:31 ]

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:44 pm   Permalink

Looks like you guys had a great time! Good lord you guys are talented! Is there any video of people carving? And Bo thanks for videoing the event so we here in CA can kind of share in the fun.

MrsHoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 4:20 pm   Permalink

Looks like a super time was had by all, boy, sometimes I wish I loved a
little closer! All of the carvings look great. And what's with that
gigantic rootball carving, who did that? Did I read right, was that a
"Plugger" creation. At any rate, sooooper stuff.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 5:27 pm   Permalink

Yes, the rootball was a wplugger work.

I hate the artists and all their talent. Feh.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:15 pm   Permalink

A lesson learned about that rootball carving: never shove one feet first too deeply into your vehicle. That rootball is like one of those drywall anchors that expands once it's inserted.

Will (wplugger) raised the bar on that one and turned out a gorgeous piece.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 17:27, pablus wrote:
I hate the artists and all their talent. Feh.

Wait, was that sarcasm? Is that allowed on Tiki Central? I'm telling Hanford...

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:52 pm   Permalink

You should see the other half of that rootball! Everyone needs to harass Will about posting some pictures!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 02:47 am   Permalink

Yes, WILL, WHERE IZZIT? Fork it over, bring it OUT, Hang it up where we ALL can SEE it! C'mon Wil??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 09:48 am   Permalink

Hey Gang, Sorry I couldn't make it out on Saturday when most of you were there. I did get to meet Tiki Kiliki and see Karbora again on Sunday afternoon when we finally dragged our tired butts down from Orlando.

Ben, thanks so much to you and Sherry for the hospitality, and thanks for the extra special tour of the workshop! The mug has proudly taken its place between its brothers, and the bamboo cup is serving desk duty in my little cubicle here at work, next to the card holder Buzzy carved for me. I'll post the pic we took as soon as Todd emails it to me, since it's on his camera.
Thanks again for a great time!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 10:39 am   Permalink

Jen, I'm HAPPY You Finally made it to Benzarts Shop. We really enjoyed having you and Todd here. How was the MaiKai???

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-08 11:36 am   Permalink

Sorry I missed ya Jen. We will see you at Hukilau right?

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 11:46 am   Permalink

Nope. No Hukilau for me. I was only able to afford this last trip because the company paid for most of it. But I will be at Oasis if you find yourself on my side of the country in August!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2008-05-08 11:46 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 04:36 am   Permalink

You'll find me there Jen! My first trip to Oasis. Can't wait.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 10:27 am   Permalink

Cool! Can't wait to meet you, Flounder!

Okay, not my most flattering angle, but here's the photographic evidence that I did, in fact, make it to the South Florida Tiki Jam before the weekend was over ...

and, yes, I was fondling the curly lono's tushy.

Oh, and Putorino was there too! He sure gets around!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2008-05-09 10:31 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation