FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:03 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm pleased to say that Forbidden Island will be joining the NorCal Ohana in Tikitastic's Suite 1849 with a first time ever experience:

On Saturday the 16th from 6-8pm, come by and enjoy a Forbidden Island Cocktail, available outside of the bar for the very first time!

PLUS:

Believe it or not, buried in the back of the shed, we have unearthed a forgotten case of ORIGINAL ISSUE Forbidden Island Brown Tiki Mugs! We will be selling these very limited supply mugs for $20 while they last! Don't miss these (I swear it this time!) last EVER Brown FI Mugs!

See you then!

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 3:57 pm   Permalink

Another room poster for you crawlers. I'm not much of an artist and the hotel won't give a room number, but here it is:

I'll also have copies of my chapbook "Voodoo Lounge Stories" available at the room. Two stories, three recipes, and a Heather Watts cover.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-05 4:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha Room Hosts and Crawlers!

Congratulations to Tiki Tastic on being the 200th Crawler on the list! The NorCal Tiki Ohana and Forbidden Island's martiki have increased the number of potential crawlers to 209!

This is the largest group of crawlers ever. When we held the first crawl back in 2005, I believe 50 people had expressed their desire to crawl. Wow, we have come a long way, baby!

Crawlers please consider providing the Room Hosts with a small token of your appreciation of their hospitality, in the form of tips or donations of ice, booze or mixers, or whatever you like.

Also Crawlers, I encourage you to print out a schedule for yourself. The updated schedule is on page 11 of this thread.

Here is a quick aside, and reminder of the impact that the Room Crawl has had on the host hotel. I believe it was at Tiki Oasis 2005, when the Caliente Tropics had been taken over by new management, (meaning not Casey Jones). The Reef Bar had been in operation for at least one year I believe, but their cocktails were not the best tasting by any means. In the spring Doctor Z and I got together and organized the first Room Crawl. Casey Jones and the previous hotel owners/operators had warned the new management about the potential of the Reef Bar being swamped, and the need for large amounts of booze. I met up with Casey Jones at Hukilau in October of 2005 and we were discussing Oasis. He mentioned that the management of the Caliente Tropics was puzzled/disappointed by the small amount of revenue generated by the Reef Bar. I then clued Casey into the fact that we had held the first Room Crawl that year, and everyone had been drinking in the rooms instead of the Reef Bar! Casey thought this was truly priceless.

The Room Crawl has become my favorite part of Tiki Oasis. Let's keep this great tradition going each year.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all at Oasis!

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 9:51 pm   Permalink

With 13 or 14 Hosts signed up for room crawls this year, and a potential of 209 crawlers, I would be amazed that the Crowne Plaza Hotel could possibly lose any money in their bars. The entire hotel is sold out to fun loving, rum drinking Tiki freaks, who know how to party. I am sure BevMo will see lots of revenue generated by the Tiki Ohana too. With the disappointing service we received last year, maybe the Crowne Plaza can show their best side and earn our hard earned dollars and loyalty again. The crawl Hosts will only provide a small portion of the libations our crowd will inhale next weekend. I hope Crowne Plaza is ready for us! I know I am thirsty!!!

Quite frankly, we had been forecasting pouring 100 drinks in our Host room on Friday. Me thinks we might have to revisit our estimate.

Mahalo again Shell!
Aloha to all!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 11:18 pm   Permalink

LOVE this poster! It's inspiring! I'm gonna use happy little dead fish skeletons in my next Tapa prints.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 11:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-05 16:55, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Aloha Room Hosts and Crawlers!

Congratulations to Tiki Tastic on being the 200th Crawler on the list! The NorCal Tiki Ohana and Forbidden Island's martiki have increased the number of potential crawlers to 209!

Make that 210, Shell!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 12:19 am   Permalink

No, Shell, update it to 211 and 212 for Coco Loco and me. Good to see that you will be there, Conga Mike. NorCal in the Hizzy!!! We're gonna be keepin' it real in Suite 1849 all weekend long, too!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 12:26 am   Permalink

lucky me gets to be crawler 213!

can't wait!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 01:08 am   Permalink

Myke,

I've been a room host since the inception at the Tropics and discovered that due to over-lap, etc. that not all crawlers will show up at your room. You can expect about 1/3 or 1/2 at the very most.

And as gracious as all us hosts would like to be, we are not expected to serve all crawlers. It would be quite expensive. Hosts usually have a set amount of drinks they would like to pour and serve until they are dry.

No harm, no foul.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 01:11 am   Permalink

Oh, and the poster....I'm terrified of anything zombie (well except the drink), so I had to make it "happy". I have zombie nighmares...so a happy zombie fish and Voo Doo Kitty was just the ticket!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 01:25 am   Permalink

They're coming to get you, Nelva!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 01:31 am   Permalink

Damn you Mai Tai...couldn't resist and opened up the link!

She should have picked up her pumps -- the heel could have been used as a weapon to smack the zombie up-side the head and pierce his brain, silly girl.

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2008-08-06 01:36 ]

tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 05:19 am   Permalink

That is a great clip Mai Tai.

Of course I love how she has a mid-1960s Pontiac LeMans that probably has a big V-8 engine and the best she can do is idle away from the zombie and then run into a tree.

Maybe SHE had been on an Oasis Room Crawl and her driving was impaired!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 09:03 am   Permalink

3 more to crawl

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-06 10:56 am   Permalink

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation