FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis Room Crawl... It's on!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 11
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 11:02 am   Permalink

Dan and Wendy Cevola of danlovestikis need to crawl, cards please, see you there and thank you. We will also help VanpiressRN with lifting etc to set up her room for hosting.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:13 pm   Permalink

Tiki Trav would like to crawl as always with 1 extra... thanks!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-20 7:02 pm   Permalink

Trav

Who's the lucky "1 extra"?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-21 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-20 19:02, Otto wrote:
Trav

Who's the lucky "1 extra"?

my Lovely Girlfriend Sarah... see pics in tiki farm sale thread..
A real life Tiki Oasis romance story..
No shit!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 6:06 pm   Permalink

Okay...looks like I prefected my new drink for the crawl! Hurray!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-26 07:29 am   Permalink

Hi Shell, This will be our third oasis, and we're kind of virgins that this, but would like to try it. Please add 4 for the crawl. Mahalo

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 06:37 am   Permalink

Put me on the crawlin' list. Yay!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 08:23 am   Permalink

Tiki Finks are go for crawl! Two here.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-08 4:22 pm   Permalink

If it's not too late, I (and my friends) are interested in being room crawl hosts. What do we need to do?

Thanks!

View Profile of kosmotiki Send a personal message to kosmotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-08 10:02 pm   Permalink

Kosmotiki,

Thank you for offering to be a Room Host at Tiki Oasis! I will gladly add your name to a list of hosts I am compiling. Please choose a time that you would like to serve drinks in your room and post that time on this thread or send your time to me by a private message, or to
shellpacific@yahoo.com. I will also be posting a list of hosts names and the times they plan to serve on this thread as the event nears.

For more information, please review my first post on this thread as it has a lot of other information about room hosting and room crawlers. You can also use the search engine on this site to search the words Room Crawl and you should find a lot of helpful information from past crawls at the past three Room Crawls at Tiki Oasis.

Most hosts plan to serve drinks in their rooms for an hour and a half up to two hours, but however long or however much you plan to serve is totally up to you. In the past up to 180 or so people have expressed their desire to crawl, but not that many will show up at your room for drinks.

Once you check into the hotel you can start circulating your room number and place signs on your door indicating who you are and when you are serving. Some people make up small cards or handouts that they pass out as they socialize at the event, which indicate their serving time and their room number. Some people post signs in the elevators. People who are booking suites may know their room numbers before they check into the hotel.

On Thursday and Friday of Oasis I will meet up with you and give you a name badge that identifies you as a Room Host. I will spread the word to others of your room number and time you plan to serve if you wish. Hopefully WooHooWahine and Cheeky Girl will be assisting me with spreading the word as well. Right, ladies?

In the meantime, plan the drink you would like to serve and how you will go about mixing for large quantities. However elaborate you wish to make your drink, the presentation of your drink, or if you wish to decorate your room, create ambiance, etc. is up to you.

Thanks again for offering to be a Room Host and participating! Room Hosting is an excellent way to meet new people, express yourself, sample many unique and one-of-a-kind drinks and participate in Oasis in your own way with your own style. By participating in the Room Crawl you will be adding a whole new dimension of fun and socialization to you Tiki Oasis experience. If you have never hosted before, don't worry, people are excited to meet you, sample your concoction, and they will be thankful for your hospitality and that you chose to entertain them for a brief while.

I am looking forward to meeting you at Oasis!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-19 4:38 pm   Permalink

Please add 2 more to the list. This will be our 2nd Tiki Oasis. We can't wait!

View Profile of TikiMoai Send a personal message to TikiMoai  Email TikiMoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-19 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-17 08:52, Monkeyman wrote:
Oh boy.. weve got some TC'ers here who have had too long a winter or something...
......Proceeds from the mug are used to offset costs by room hosts.. I would wager that the average room host spends between $70 - $90 to pour drinks for all the thirsty masses.......

Monkeyman, more like $150+! And yes, the thirsty masses are alway generous with the tips! ...But the fun, of course is in the hosting friends and meeting new people!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 6:40 pm   Permalink

Tiki Trav is a REAL romantic . Heres a pic of his girl and a friend at that Tiki Oasis party . He ties them up with caution tape and throws them in a closet . I guess thats how they do it down under .
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 6:56 pm   Permalink

TIKI RAY you are just jealous.... thanks for the tape...i owe you one buddy..

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 11:26 am   Permalink

Hey, man......I KNOW those girls and it was probably their idea!! I've got a few sets of handcuffs for ya this year, Trav!

Room crawl......I was so exhausted from carving and crawling last year, that I was pretty much gasping for air when my turn to host came about. I'll just be crawling this year unless the folks we room with want to run with it. Can't spread myself so thin, man!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation