FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ever buy something you didn't necessarily want, until you found out it's tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Ever buy something you didn't necessarily want, until you found out it's tiki?
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 2:54 pm   Permalink

Good one! She would look fine wrapped around my front porch statue, too.
What the hell is she sitting on?

...all this artifact research has derailed this thread form the original question, I apologize.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-06-22 14:59 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
royaltiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-03 15:14, ManFromT.I.K.I. wrote:
Score!!!! They weren't priced, so the lady asked how much I could give her. I said $5 a piece. She thought for a moment and said: "I can do $15 for the pair". A pretty good deal.

damn good score indeed! never seen anything like that in the antique stores around here

View Profile of royaltiki Send a personal message to royaltiki  Email royaltiki Goto the website of royaltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-01 16:02, teaKEY wrote:
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=948

When I first bought my house there were two ceramic masks that looked like that hanging on the wall of the kitchen. They creeped me out and they ended up in a box of stuff that went to a thrift store. Now 5 years later I would probably keep them. Cest la vie

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 11:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-22 14:27, Paipo wrote:
Found this while doing some research today, and thought it belonged here:

The mag is from 1966. There's another issue of Pagan Swanky posted here.

Nice image! I can see why he is smiling Does this picture go with "Stripped-down skin Lizzie or Soft Spot on a Show Stopper ??!!
Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 1:48 pm   Permalink

Back to the original question.... I have not stayed away from anything and then bought it later after finding out it was "tiki", but the opposite problem has happened to me. I've bought things that I -thought- were tiki only to regret it later. These forums and Sven's books are a real educational experience and things I used to think were tiki I now realize are just wannabe knock-offs. At least it's nothing I spent much money on and no one that visits is any the wiser (as long as I don't invite any of you tiki-philes over)

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 4:04 pm   Permalink

This fits into Tiki in two ways.

First is the tiki that just jumps off the page.

Second is the title. It probably stands for "People Against Goodness And Normalcy", which describes Tiki people to a 'T', and was probably a forerunner to Tiki Magazine.

Quote:

On 2008-06-22 14:27, Paipo wrote:
Found this while doing some research today, and thought it belonged here:

The mag is from 1966. There's another issue of Pagan Swanky posted here.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation