[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki bar in garage
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki bar in garage
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 3:10 pm   Permalink

Because a garage is just too nice of a place to waste using for cars, we're building a tiki bar in ours. It's coming along very slowly (we only work on it on weekends), but we're making progress. Here are some photos of how it's going so far. For some reason, the photos are in reverse order, but you'll figure it out. Still no name for the lounge, so suggestions welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24858756@N02/

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2008-04-01 15:12 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-01 5:50 pm   Permalink

It is looking pretty good...you have a lot of work done so far. Time to christen it with a Mai Tai!!! Keep up the great work. Love the picture captions.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 6:12 pm   Permalink

We felt the same way about our dining room and living room - no one comes over anyhow so we're making it our personal oasis! May I suggest to future viewers of these great pics - go to the last page and view it all backward - I think the end is the beginning! Now, go have a drinky and read this again!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 3:59 pm   Permalink

Nice start. You've got a great space to work with. Layers man, layers!
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 4:48 pm   Permalink

Now you need to build a garage in front of your Tiki Bar!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 10:17 am   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback folks.

A little further along than last time and starting to look a bit more like a tiki bar (by page 3):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26292307@N08/page1/

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 10:35 am   Permalink

Looking great so far.What is this? A light box? Did you make it?

MrsHoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 4:05 pm   Permalink

Seems like you have a nice patio/backyard...why the garage?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:00 am   Permalink

BP Hoptiki -- I don't know what you call them. It's a lighted picture with a function that makes it look like the waves are moving. Has sound effects of crashing waves and seagulls. We're going to eventually make it appear like you're looking outside on a tropical island. We got ours at Tikiland in San Diego. Here's one online: http://www.solarlightspro.net/store/product.php?productid=195

TikiLaLe - We have other plans for the backyard. And like I said, seemed like a waste to use a big garage to house cars when we could turn it into a tiki bar instead.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 12:19 pm   Permalink

I like the bar top with the postcards and epoxy gloss coat, nice touch!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:24 pm   Permalink

why would you cover the garage door as opposed to leaving it clear so you can open it and let the party spill onto the driveway and street???...also by sealing it off, all you need is one careless smoker and your fire escape is now blocked.....what a scene that will be when everyone is trying to cram their way out the side door when the place is on fire cause you screwed them by blocking off the main door!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 13:24, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
why would you cover the garage door as opposed to leaving it clear so you can open it and let the party spill onto the driveway and street???...also by sealing it off, all you need is one careless smoker and your fire escape is now blocked.....what a scene that will be when everyone is trying to cram their way out the side door when the place is on fire cause you screwed them by blocking off the main door!!

Who are you, Fire Marshall Bill? The garage also has two regular doors as well as a cat door. Not to mention plenty of club soda and other mixers to extinguish flames if absolutely necessary. And who says I'd allow a smoker into my bar anyway?

JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:03 pm   Permalink

Boy, Tipsy, you know how to win friends and influence people in lots of threads. Seriously, if you are trying humor in this and other threads, it's really just coming off as rude.

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 7:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 13:52, arriano wrote:
[
Who are you, Fire Marshall Bill? The garage also has two regular doors as well as a cat door. Not to mention plenty of club soda and other mixers to extinguish flames if absolutely necessary. And who says I'd allow a smoker into my bar anyway?

..what about 151 on the occasional flaming cocktail gone awry and accidentally dropped on the floor???..ever think of that??? hmmmm....hmmmm??

thankfully, the cats will escape with their lives!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 14:03, JanetMermaid wrote:
Boy, Tipsy, you know how to win friends and influence people in lots of threads. Seriously, if you are trying humor in this and other threads, it's really just coming off as rude.

you would be right...if i actually gave a
c@##P! how i came off!!! har!!!...but thanks for the citation miss "officer manners".....

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation