FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Tiki bar in garage
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki bar in garage
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 03:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 14:03, JanetMermaid wrote:
Boy, Tipsy, you know how to win friends and influence people in lots of threads. Seriously, if you are trying humor in this and other threads, it's really just coming off as rude.

i have spoken to TIPSY about his writers before.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 04:43 am   Permalink

....Look, i was just havin some fun.....i think your garage project is really off to a good start.....nice carpentry job on the bar too!!....it'll be cool to see this place unfold through pictures.....keep posting them!!

...and tiki david, your grammer is awful!!! ...... we need to talk about that.... If you are going to take pot shots at me from the brush, you need to do it with some assemblance of style and grace......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 05:12 am   Permalink

...and tiki david, your grammer is awful!!! ...... we need to talk about that.... If you are going to take pot shots at me from the brush, you need to do it with some assemblance of style and grace......

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 07:36 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-05-06 11:39 ]

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 08:50 am   Permalink

Yikes. I don't know how we got to this stage. But anywho, back to the bar....

Still can't agree on the best name for it, so if anyone looking at the photos has a jolt of inspiration, lay it on me.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 12:03 pm   Permalink

here's a name....

"car ports 'o' call lounge".......

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-06 12:04 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SciFiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-09 06:02 am   Permalink

Had the pleasure to briefly visit this tiki work-in-process yesterday evening and meet the owner -- believe it or not, after making contact through this board, we found we'd lived right across the street from one another for the past year but hadn't met! The project looks GREAT, and is going to be amazing. Wish I had such carpentry skills. Really, a first-rate job: I'm quite impressed!

View Profile of SciFiGuy Send a personal message to SciFiGuy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

How did I miss this before?!?!?!?
Kind of takes "New Bar Night" in a different direction doesn't it?

Looks really good!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 1:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-06 04:43, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
....Look, i was just havin some fun.....i think your garage project is really off to a good start.....nice carpentry job on the bar too!!....it'll be cool to see this place unfold through pictures.....keep posting them!!

Grammar is spelled with an a not an e, and its semblance not assemblance.

Such irony here...

irony
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect : “Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony. See note at wit .
• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result : [with clause ] the irony is that I thought he could help me.
• (also dramatic or tragic irony) a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

The bar is coming along swimmingly!

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2008-05-23 13:55 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-23 13:41, Heath wrote:
How did I miss this before?!?!?!?
Kind of takes "New Bar Night" in a different direction doesn't it?

Looks really good!

Heath!? My god, they'll let anyone onto these message boards

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 9:53 pm   Permalink

I am several years away from any garage conversion, but have one question that I'm sure folks will have good ideas about. How do you diminish the look of the garage door hardware on the walls and ceiling? Mine is the same type of hardware as yours arriano.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-10 21:53, VampiressRN wrote:
How do you diminish the look of the garage door hardware on the walls and ceiling? Mine is the same type of hardware as yours arriano.

As long as the door doesn't need to open (snicker), you could A-frame over the hardware, so the peak is in the middle of the ceiling and the lower ends cover the rails. Or you could do an awning that extends from the walls.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 8:48 pm   Permalink

Howdy

Updated with a few photos of the finished bar:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26292307@N08/

We've named it the Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge. A special virtual mai tai to the first one to translate the name.

VampiressRN: See the first photo. Basket and bamboo covering the garage door opener.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2008-08-25 20:58 ]

Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 8:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-10 21:53, VampiressRN wrote:
I am several years away from any garage conversion, but have one question that I'm sure folks will have good ideas about. How do you diminish the look of the garage door hardware on the walls and ceiling? Mine is the same type of hardware as yours arriano.

false wall/ceiling, it will appear that it simply does not exist from the inside. pretty simple construction...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-08-25 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-25 20:48, arriano wrote:

We've named it the Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge. A special virtual mai tai to the first one to translate the name....

Hale Ka'a = Garage

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation