Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Robert Drasnin: conducted Voodoo live
Robert Drasnin: conducted Voodoo live
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-02-25 02:32 am   Permalink

Okay, I read about this a while back and I was wondering if anyone in So Cal was able to check it out or heard about it.

Skip Heller tracked down Robert Drasnin and was able to convince Robert Drasnin to conduct a beginning-to-end performance of his Voodoo! album with a live ensamble. This happened in Southern California, and I read about it a year ago or so in Cool & Strange Music.

There *must* have been recordings of it made. I wonder if it will ever get released?

Anyone here heard of this? I hear Drasnin is now touring with Skip Heller, although I don't think they're doing anything from Voodoo.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-18 11:43 pm   Permalink

Bump...

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 1:03 pm   Permalink

set...

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation