FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Home Tiki Bar Book
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Home Tiki Bar Book
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 3:22 pm   Permalink

A friend of mine just did a book of pics of his kids on blurb.com and the quality is very good. I'm a print production manager by trade, so I should know.
I was going to throw my hat in to help get estimates for printing it, but I would have to take orders and collect money which just gets complicated. I think the blurb idea is an excellent one, Davey! Then everyone can go on the site and order their own. PM me if I can help, I have over 20 years experience in print management.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 8:08 pm   Permalink

I designed many blurb books when i was working for a wedding photographer. They're really easy to do and look great. I think this would be an excellent option for this project because no one would have to front any seed money.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-05 12:01 pm   Permalink

Well, if anyone is interested, I'll take care of the images (post processing and such) and maybe some artwork. Anyone else interested?

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:52 am   Permalink

Sounds like an interesting option.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 1:17 pm   Permalink

I'd be interested in helping this along wether it be artwork, pics or whatever.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 4:43 pm   Permalink

Hey! Nice to see my idea resurface. Anyone think this is feasible?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 5:38 pm   Permalink

I was talking about doing something like this one evening in the Hapa Haole Hideaway. I think it's quite feasible, but it would take a couple of years and a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get it done.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-27 9:52 pm   Permalink

Shoot with all the vintage rattan and bamboo tiki bars I have bought, restored,sold, traded
or passed on...one could produce a book of pictures just of vintage tiki bars that were produced.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JONPAUL
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-27 10:49 pm   Permalink

Without getting into too many details,
let's just say that the time, effort, blood,
sweat, travel and tears have already
been poured into a book of this nature
for several years now and is very close
to completion.
More information will be posted in due time.
FIBERGLASS JUNGLE on Luxuria

View Profile of JONPAUL Send a personal message to JONPAUL  Goto the website of JONPAUL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-27 11:22 pm   Permalink

woot!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-28 12:53 am   Permalink

Excellent
Can't wait to see it
Trader Bob

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-28 4:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-27 21:52, 1961surf wrote:
Shoot with all the vintage rattan and bamboo tiki bars I have bought, restored,sold, traded
or passed on...one could produce a book of pictures just of vintage tiki bars that were produced.

Sooooo, you're talking about something completely different from what we're talking about?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 5:48 pm   Permalink

This could still be a very fun project using the Blurb concept. Perhaps creating a "general" Tiki Central tiki book....

Not just tiki bars, but a book of cool images taken by members of TC. I've seen some good looking images here throughout the years that would fit perfectly. Members could upload their coolest photos with a short caption.
The possibilities are endless: home bars, public bars, mug collections, album covers, tiki finds, live band pics, event pics, etc...
Again, using the Blurb concept, anyone could buy it at cost, and no one is stuck trying to market the product and taking a hit on up front costs.
Something to think about!
I know I'd be happy to help with design or layout.
There is enough talent on this board to make it happen.

Luke

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 2:05 pm   Permalink

YUP, Sounds cool,
There are some great imaginations on this big tiki boat !

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-27 22:49, JONPAUL wrote:
Without getting into too many details,
let's just say that the time, effort, blood,
sweat, travel and tears have already
been poured into a book of this nature
for several years now and is very close
to completion.
More information will be posted in due time.

Pardon me if this sounds a bit ignorant but if the people on here are talking about a book specifically being about a collaboration of Home Bars and your saying a book is already almost complete, wouldn't it be nice to know some of the details?? Especially one that has been worked on for "years"? Maybe I've missed a thread somewhere?

There are ALOT of people on here very much interested in these Home Bars. Look at some of the crazy numbers on that thread alone! It would be good to know some of the details of the book, or how it is being focused, who's writing it, who has been featured, locations, etc., and I can't be the only one.

Your saying more info. in "due time" but if there is so much interest and people are interested in doing something now, then I say whoever is Captaining this ship, let's get here sailing!! If it has been in the works for years, some of these 'other' great Home Bars we see today may not have been started, finished, re-done or even dreamed up when it started.

Some details would be nice since TC is supposed to be a community where we are all here to share with one another. Even some of the tough nuts on here are cracking and sharing info. now! Great!!
Just thinking out loud here.

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation