FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2008 - the FINAL Hukilau
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
2008 - the FINAL Hukilau
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-15 16:30, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-15 13:49, MrsBenZart wrote:
See you all next year at the Hukilau 2009

Welcome to TC Mrs. Benz.
Do you know something we don't?

I'm surprised this place isn't already lit up with the news.......

Hukilau is following in the footsteps of Kiss, The Who, Cher, and countless others and having 'one more tour!'

See yall at Hukilau 2009!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-15 5:47 pm   Permalink

WooHooo!!!!!

What A Roller-coaster Ride this last week was! The rumor mill was cranking out some incredible fiction as the actual events and reality twisted us in the wind. The Tiki Gods have had there fun and reminded us all of how lucky we have been to enjoy these past years of the Hukilau and the Maikai and how lucky we are that both are to continue. I plan on acting as if every year could be the last and never taking for granted either of these blessings.

Support your local Tiki!

Pictures will be available as soon as I can get some sleep and uncross my eyes. I am freakin' exhausted! What an Awesome Time! Great to see old friends and meet so many new people, I am so bad at names though (I'm good at faces! Go figure!). Maybe next year we can put together some kind of Hukilau Face Book.

Long Live Hukilau, Long Live MaiKai!

Christie, You Rock Babe!

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2008-06-15 18:05 ]

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKayaki

Posted: 2008-06-15 6:59 pm   Permalink

It was amazing to meet all of you FreakyTikiFolk this weekend! You guys rock!
I must thank Surfintiki for introducing me to some of the most passionate people I now know!

The Benzarts - your hospitality has been unmatched and much appreciated for my newby self. And of course, thank you for the screen name push!
Loki and Stumpgrinder - amongst everything else, thank you for the tikikayaki name! ....and for driving over those insane speedbumps in the parking garage to try and find my car!
And to all 4 of you - thank you for encouraging the mermaid/man to bloom in Dave and I.

It was an awesome time and everyone was so open, and just plain cool!
I enjoyed every toast; with every drink; with every person, and I thank thank thank you all!
Davin(port)

View Profile of TikiKayaki Send a personal message to TikiKayaki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 8:18 pm   Permalink

TikiKyaki, Welcome to Tiki Central, What a way to Make an entrance!We are glad to have you here, so take off your shoes and stay awhile! Can you teach a Tiki how to Kayak?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 8:34 pm   Permalink

Damn, that was a nice post Tikikayaki. I thought I was gonna cry!! Ha ha.
Now I can't think of anything to write....I'll have to wait til tomorrow night. Gots lots o' pictures.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 12:16 am   Permalink

Oaktiki and I can't even begin to thank you all enough- EVERYONE who made Hukilau '08 the spectacular few days of all things Tiki that we've come to love so! This year was simply incredible!

Most of all though, I wanted to personally thank Tiki Kiliki. I never did manage to find a quiet moment when I wouldn't be interrupting, to tell you how much your hard work has meant to us, but the Hukilau events we've been fortunate enough to get to have truly been VITAL to us.

The Mai Kai Ohana, as always made us feel like we were coming home. We are always, overwhelmed with their kindness and generosity. Being able to look through the scrapbooks today was so amazing.

All our Ohana, the people who merely by being there, make Hukilau MORE Hukilau just for their presence, I can scarcely find the words to say how much this last weekend, (and each and every Hukilau) have meant to us!

Thank you!

And of course, huge Mahalo to everyone who took the time out of the pure pleasure of Hukilau to volunteer in some way to make it happen.

I cried a little at a couple of points this weekend, but I smiled a hell of a lot more.

All of you are simply amazing!

I could (and will!) rave on and on about the bands, the caliber of the presenters and the presentations, the artists and the vendors, but it was the small moments in elevators with Tikiphiles who had never been to an event before who were simply in awe to find 'other people who are into it too!!!' that continue to blow me away. It was the look on the face of someone who had never seen the Mai Kai before as they walked through those doors that I'll be raving about for years to come.

Knowing that the Mai Kai continues to exist, and that when any of us come here we ARE coming home is what amazes me most.

Just Mahalo.

Mahalo for another very special event I'll remember and treasure the memories of for the rest of my life.

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 05:07 am   Permalink

Wow, what a GREAT Hukilau! Absolutely everything was wonderful. Thanks to Tiki Kiliki and everyone who worked to make the event so special and memorable. This was my 2nd Hukilau, and I enjoyed meeting more new people and re-connecting with those whom I met last year. What a blast it was. I especially enjoyed all the incredible vintage clothing everyone was wearing -- we were all truly enjoying ourselves. I'm looking forward to Hukilau 2009!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 08:14 am   Permalink

Comps to Tiki Kiliki. Great event, great people, great bands... you get the point. Too many memories to get into now. I'm still trying to decompress.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 08:32 am   Permalink

AWESOME....
i'm at work today tryin to get the brain back in gear....
will review and translate my notes here soon.....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 10:35 am   Permalink

I'm likewise trying to wake up and get these old bones moving. What an INCREDIBLE Weekend. Tikikiliki, Thank you SO Much for a Great, Memorable time. I can't say enough about how great this event was and what it meant to me and others as well. THANK YOU!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 5:51 pm   Permalink

Holy shite was that a great time. I can't believe I'm actually awake right now. All nighter Sat-Sun and then a RUSH concert to top it off last night. Call me a veggie. Work was a complete disaster today, thanks to me

To all my old and new friends - thanks for making this another kicking tiki time. It felt really good to unwind and just pretty much go nuts for 3 days and hang out with the best bunch of people.

Food calls - photos tomorrow!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 6:37 pm   Permalink

HELP Help Help please,

I can't seem to contact the people who sold me the mugs (2) and necklaces (2). I

understand they want money for shipping but so far when I write to them I get no

response so I don't know if I'm doing it right. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 7:45 pm   Permalink

Wendy, who did you buy fromz/

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 9:14 pm   Permalink

Right Here on Tiki Central was the Hukilau site for purchase of the mugs and necklaces etc. with a link to Paypal. That's what I did months ago. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 03:58 am   Permalink

I second that danlovestikis..... Paid immediately months ago through paypal for mugs and necklaces and sent my shipping info several times.. and have never heard back with a shipping amount/ link to paypal. Nothin yet

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation