FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 11:09 pm   Permalink

Billy, what time does this start at again?

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 11:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-14 23:09, tikithomas08 wrote:
Billy, what time does this start at again?

The LUAU officially starts at 12:30. Carving Village starts at 9am. I'll be there early to show everyone where to set up and shyte. If I could get all carvers to show up between 9 and 11, that would be great and will also ensure that we are in full swing before the guests begin to arrive. Latecomers are welcome, because we will already be set up and chopping.

Anyone got a generator? Probably will not need it, but just in case.

ALL POWER TOOL USERS BRING EXTENTION CORDS!!!(please)

CAM!!! Can you make a carving village sign?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-15 07:20 am   Permalink

It's nothing catastrophic, I just have to help my dad with some stuff. Meiko, don't worry about the pendants. I'll save them for Tiki Oasis. Thanks though, guys!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 3:59 pm   Permalink

Aw Crud (no pun intended, Billy)....I made plans on 5/18 and I've got a Dodger game on 5/24.
I am truly going to get my "Carver" badge stripped!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 4:05 pm   Permalink

my back is still messed up so I'm not sure I can even load my stuff yet....I'll sort myself out and see on saturday...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 4:39 pm   Permalink

ill be there round `12, we have an early bird band pragtiz at 10. after that im headin straight there

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-15 4:49 pm   Permalink

Billy, Do you want only wood carvers?

I was thinking about making some cement cylinders if anybody wanted to carve one. Most of the carving would have to be done on Sunday because the hot weather will make the cement too hard to carve later.

Let me know if cement carving is okay. And anyone who wants a cylinder let me know.

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-15 16:49, Musubi Mom wrote:
Billy, Do you want only wood carvers?

I was thinking about making some cement cylinders if anybody wanted to carve one. Most of the carving would have to be done on Sunday because the hot weather will make the cement too hard to carve later.

Let me know if cement carving is okay. And anyone who wants a cylinder let me know.

All forms of tiki art are welcome. The more diverse the artisans, the more interesting we will be. Making some concrete dealies is a GREAT idea.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 8:30 pm   Permalink

im wayy stoaked, heading over after an early band practice. im bringing the tiki im working on now "the jivaro idol", it involves alot of shrunken heads

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 9:14 pm   Permalink

Been hacking away at my new Tiki - "Mystery Mask" and am SO READY for this! It's prepped, stripped, dried, drawn on and begging to be UNLEASHED!

If we can survive PIFA, 104 degrees in the Hanalei parking lot, freezing conditions at Tiki Farm and roughing it at the House of Buzz, El Cajon's main Masonic Lodge will be a breeze.

LETS GO!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 08:55 am   Permalink

Well, doesn't look like it'll be too breezy, but I do know the best frozen yogurt in San Diego is 1/2 mile away.
Musubi making will commence shortly, and we'll be over after that! See ya all there!!!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimanalex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-18 6:40 pm   Permalink

Another great chop!!

View Profile of tikimanalex Send a personal message to tikimanalex  Email tikimanalex     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 8:31 pm   Permalink

Lets go to the Mason Chop!

Nobody on the road Sunday morning at 8:15.

But first , you gotta stop at Mary's Donuts. It has Apple Fritters the size of frying pans, but I got the old-school classic, the Maple Buttermilk Raised.

No worries about messing up the lawn. Looks exactly like Buzzy's, huh?

Nobody knows if the "G" stands for God or Geometry. Nice sign, though; it's really chromey.

Da early morning Chop Crew. Second from the left is Geedavee, who made an extraordinary effort to carve the spongiest palm 'wood' I've maybe ever seen. Two minutes into it he started smiling, and saying "Hey, this is easier than I thought!" and "This is FUN!"

He's hooked.

Laytah.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 9:35 pm   Permalink

fun day o' choppin

Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 02:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

But first , you gotta stop at Mary's Donuts. It has Apple Fritters the size of frying pans, but I got the old-school classic, the Maple Buttermilk Raised.

East County rookie...

In the late 70's, it was called Zona's Donuts...
We'd only eat them if we lost a bet.

Looks like you guys had fun in spite of the heat.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation