FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki art swap # 4 - Vintage poly pop menu cover inspired art
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki art swap # 4 - Vintage poly pop menu cover inspired art
kroozzn62
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 05:26 am   Permalink

cool idea dude i can play this time ,so coasters are in too?

View Profile of kroozzn62 Send a personal message to kroozzn62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 09:44 am   Permalink

Well, Im in this time.
Please let me make clear one point: I guess, some of you got me got me wrong last time. I was only asking about the topic of the last swap. Just to understand the meaning exactly. I did not say: Im in. But I also did not say: Im not in. My mistake. I feel sorry for that but this time I am definitely in.
I will be away for a maybe one or two weeks, but afterwards I start rifling trough all the galleries in order to find something nice to interpret.

View Profile of tok-tok Send a personal message to tok-tok      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 11:46 pm   Permalink

Man, I'm all over this one! So many choices...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 12:05 am   Permalink

i think i'd like to get into this one, too. i've had lots of ideas from menus and have done it before.

is that okay with everyone?

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 09:03 am   Permalink

I'm in, too much great talent from the looks of the last one not to do it. And many great designs to go off of not to find something great to make, in any medium

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 09:25 am   Permalink

IN...

are there limitations on the percieved value of the item we contribute? so we arent trading away a 30 hour item for a 30 minute one?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 3:57 pm   Permalink

I'd like to get in on this one, too.

When will the timeframe be decided?

And ditto Monkeyman's question above.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 09:25, Monkeyman wrote:
IN...

are there limitations on the percieved value of the item we contribute? so we arent trading away a 30 hour item for a 30 minute one?

Thats a sound enquiry Monkeyman & one we haven't really considered before - only that postage is the responsibilty of the maker (keeping in mind the weight and that the piece may potentially need to be shipped internationally..)

*At this stage Im going to count myself out of this particular swap: the genre is pretty alien to me & even after trolling through 100's of examples cant really think of a way to translate into jade & still have it say 'Vintage poly pop menu cover inspired art'..

Still keen to see what everyone else comes up with though (and with any luck may just get inspired & trot in with an entry after all. No promises.)

Happy swapping y'all!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:36 am   Permalink

how much time do we have until deadline? Bump

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 08:19 am   Permalink

Bump ity Bump ity

We love our pendants from England well worth the shipping we spent to send ours there !!!

Its not about the time involved or money spent it is about fun and building friendships for us

Id gladly swap a sterling silver tiki pendant for any work that somebody from the forum spent time and

effort on in these exchanges.

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 11:24 am   Permalink

Amen to that Jen and Scott!
I'm IN! ALL IN!
just gotta figger out what to do...
Deadline!
people-we need a deadline!
Does the rule book say we can
consume ZIPFIZZ
whilst working on said project?
Hope so!
VROOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOM!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 7:29 pm   Permalink

Yeah...what LLT said. When are we all going to kick start this? I think I have my inspiration down for this one...Has anybody actually ever seen one of these Cobra Fang Mugs? Was it a brown body with a black snake? How big do ya think it was? Sorry Kinny...ZIPPFIZz kinda tastes like Bubble gum made with Sweet-&-Low...but it does give you a buzz - gotta give it that

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 7:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-07 19:29, Babalu wrote:
Has anybody actually ever seen one of these Cobra Fang Mugs? Was it a brown body with a black snake? How big do ya think it was?

I've seen two different sizes. One was about four inches and the other was about six inches tall. I've only seen one glazed version, and that was all green.

Is This The Elusive Cobra's Fang Mug?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 7:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kate....hummmm, the only style I like is the one pictured on the menu. It looks like it might have been a little hard to cast. Do you think that mug might have been drawn just for that one menu, and then the official "real mug" mass produced in a different "easier to make" style for the various clubs? I think that I will have to make the image on the menu ...Black snake for sure...never seen a green cobra before.

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-07-07 19:50 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 7:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, time sure slipped by with this one - 4 months and we still haven't got a deadline! Maybe if anyone reading can reconfirm their interest (I'm IN!) and and we'll start making?
B, I think quite a few of those menu renderings were highly stylised versions of the real thing, and there's also a few illustrated items that have never been discovered "in the wild" and possibly never existed to start with? One of the cool aspects of the design brief for this one I reckon....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation