FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 1:29 pm   Permalink

Hey DigiTiki, we really enjoyed the 2 Quiet Village podcasts. Keep 'em comming.

MrsHoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 09:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words! Got episodes 3 & 4 in the works with more interviews and some rare exotica as well!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vonratnick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Gratefully recieved, much appreciated.

Good stuff, keep em coming!

View Profile of Vonratnick Send a personal message to Vonratnick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 08:51 am   Permalink

I've got a killer interview with Tikiyaki of the Tikiyaki Orchestra in the upcoming QUiet Village #3 along with a rare, unreleased Tikiyaki Orch. track!! I must-have! New episode will be posted May 1.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-27 7:54 pm   Permalink

Thank you, Digitiki - Your podcast sounds great, and fills a void left by the retirement of Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge. Look forward to future installments. Many kudos to you!

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 10:36 am   Permalink

Yeah, I just notices that Vic is no more! It sad because his web radio station on Live365.com was what fueled my vintage exotica collecting bug! Vic, You did a great job!!!

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 09:03 am   Permalink

Episode 3 now up and running--featuring interview with Jim Bacchi of Tikiyaki Orchestra + super rare unreleased Tikiyaki Orch. track!

alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 10:54 am   Permalink

To Boss:

Gone to the Quiet Village. Be back much later....very possibly, we'll see.

[ This Message was edited by: alohacurrent 2008-05-02 11:03 ]

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 5:18 pm   Permalink

Just finished listening to #3. Loved the music. Love the relaxed tone of your voice. Good interview with Jim Bacchi.The interview element sure does a lot to make a show more interesting. The only problem we have is that the show is too short.

The Hoptiki's

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 08:57 am   Permalink

Yeah I toyed with the idea of making the show longer. I was just paranoid that it would be too big of a file to download. Would an hour be about right?

Vonratnick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-04 4:35 pm   Permalink

Another nice set, thanks muchly!

View Profile of Vonratnick Send a personal message to Vonratnick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:03 pm   Permalink

An hour sounds good to me. MrHoptiki says two! But honestly, the podcast must be a lot of work to put together. Whatever you decide, just keep doin it .

MrsHoptiki

rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:30 pm   Permalink

Hi Digitiki!
Bravo on the podcasts!
Re: the length... I routinely download a daily radio show that runs near 1-hour segments (via iTunes) and have no problems with that.

That being said... the longer the podcast is, the more I tend to put off listening due to the time commitment. My suggestion would be keeping it between 30 and 60 mins; that way it doesn't take as long to create or listen to... and therefore frequency might increase!

I freely admit that Tivo and iPods are shortening my attention span far more than MTV ever could. Am loving the sound quality and sets - keep up the fine work!

Best,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-07 10:46 am   Permalink

Thanks! Got some killer shows in the works...rare tunes and I'm in the process of lining up some more interviews! Stay tuned.

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-09 4:16 pm   Permalink

Digitiki~

THANK YOU!

Now that Coconut Wired and Vegas Vics are no longer pod casting, and Radio Bamboo never got past episode 3, I was getting worried about getting my exotica Podcast fix!

Great podcast! Really like the format. I think the length of more towards 60 mins is good. (I like a good long show to listen to while working). Exotica info, fantastic music, old and new, plus interviews from exotic locations with key members of the tiki tribe - really great!

Will you be doing any casting from any big events? It'd be great for us who live out here on volcanic islands, and can't get to them!

Keep it up!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation