FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 10:52 am   Permalink

Ok folks, I have to apologize for the serious lag in episodes. I've got worried emails from people afraid the show is no more.

I just wanted to post and say, I'm working on other episodes right now and future interviews of some very interesting people--naturally. Its just that becoming a new dad has seriously sucked my time. I haven't been the best at budgeting my time. So I'm getting back into the swing of things and should be releasing new episodes as soon as early this coming week.

Sorry for the hiatus!

Mahalo,
MARK

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 11:50 am   Permalink

No problem here Mark - good to hear from you here! Take the time you need to give us the high quality program you are famous for...I for one appreciate all your hard work that goes into your show. Mahalo! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 1:00 pm   Permalink

I understand completely! I'm 3 1/2 years into fatherhood and just starting to learn how to properly balance the time concerns.

Looking forward to hearing the next show.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-26 3:46 pm   Permalink

Hooray, a new episode (#42) of the Quiet Village Podcast is out!!! Mark, every one of these is a treasure. Mahalo for making the time to create and produce these amidst work, fatherhood and all of life's other et ceteras.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-02 12:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the new show Digitiki, and thank you for the credit/name drop! I'm so glad to contribute.
I was actually slow on the draw and was told about the new episode while at Tonga Hut this past Sunday.
And...I must say, last years "Music for a Spookilau" episode came in really handy on Sunday as well...it was almost like DJ Marty Lush was there.

Thanks again!
TT

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-01 06:02 am   Permalink

Mahalo, Mark, for new the Quiet Village Podcast: Episode 43 - Introducing The Beachcomber's Corner!

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-16 5:19 pm   Permalink

Episode 44 now up and running! This time Keith Pawlak, the curator of the UofA's Exotica Archive visits the Village! Enjoy folks!!

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-17 6:44 pm   Permalink

My speakers are much happier when the sounds of THE QUIET VILLAGE are playing through them. Thanks for another great episode!

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-18 6:28 pm   Permalink

Crazy to think that there are entire albums of Les Baxter's that have yet to be released. ...Sigh...

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-19 6:19 pm   Permalink

At last !! We finally find out what Jackie Gleason did to get his name on all those records. The secret is revealed at the end of Episode #44. Thank you Keith Pawlak (and Digitiki).

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 3:25 pm   Permalink

Hey folks, Episode 45 up and running! This episode is a taste of Crime Jazz. I think you're gonna dig this one!!

Enjoy

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 5:06 pm   Permalink

Man, I need to catch up - you've been on a roll Digitiki! Thanks for your continued effort

-Trad'r Bill - QV listener since episode #1

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-31 3:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks Trad'r Bill. A listener since episode #1!! WOW! Thanks for hanging in there with me!!

Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-31 5:24 pm   Permalink

Another episode! Fantastic.

Thanks & congratulations, Digitiki!

I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to figure how to type out "It's curtains for you. Curtains!" with the accent communicated. Needless to say, I couldn't figure it out. Quoitains? Oh well.

Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-31 5:38 pm   Permalink

There was an urban seediness about that last episode...

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation