FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
tikicoma
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-20 10:09 pm   Permalink

Just downloaded Quiet Village 54 thank you Digitiki for what I'm sure is another stellar podcast!

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-21 12:31 pm   Permalink

Another great episode Digitiki, and thanks for the shout-out!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2013-01-23 04:56 am   Permalink

"Number 54...the house with the bamboo floor!" Nothing like driving to work at 3:30 am, dark & cold outside, and the QV podcast on the stereo!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-05 09:04 am   Permalink

Digitiki,

Thanks for spinning some more of the jazz side of Denny and talking about these reissues. Just picked up a couple of them. Love the West Side Story angle! I'm collecting inspirations for our next quartet CD which we hope to work on this month!

best,
Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 12:08 pm   Permalink

Folks, they are finally here! The Quiet Village mai tai glasses are in! Cradle your mai tai in comfort with original Eric October artwork emblazoned in retro aqua. The artwork features the signature Quiet Village tiki's listening to their iPods, and the Quiet Village mai tai recipe on the back! Go to www.digitiki.com

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 6:42 pm   Permalink

The glasses look fantastic! The color came out great!

Hey, I recognize those cocktails... authentic Quiet Village Mai Tais... very appropriate for the Quiet Village Mai Tai glasses!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 1:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Eric. Your artwork looks amazing!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitonga
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-01 6:13 pm   Permalink

The glasses are as awesome as the Podcasts. Just bought my pair!

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-03-01 11:41 pm   Permalink

Order placed! Nice work guys!

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 1:28 pm   Permalink

Eric out did himself! These glasses look so good with just about any liquid in them....but booze is best LOL

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

tikitonga
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-05 5:23 pm   Permalink

Got mine yesterday but I'm waiting to break them in this weekend with the DigiTiki Mai Tai Recipe! Nicely done! Perfect companion to the podcasts.

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-03-22 12:26 am   Permalink

Though I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, I finally had a night home to mix a few Quiet Village Mai Tais. Imagine my surprise when I refreshed Instacast and voilá: new episode of the Quiet Village!

There you go folks - proof these glasses are not just functional...they're magic.

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-23 3:41 pm   Permalink

Found out about the new episode thanks to this thread (thanks for mentioning it Heylownine)!

LOVE the Bahooka tribute with ambient sounds of the restaurant at the end of the episode... so wonderful, and sad, and touching and moving all at the same time!

Funny, but whenever we were on our way to Bahooka, we'd always play Iz in the car on the trip over to put ourselves in the mood... you could always count on hearing an Iz song or two playing at Bahooka (along with the Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean and Martin Denny, to name but a few).

Mahalos Digitiki!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-05-12 2:46 pm   Permalink

Looks like The Quiet Village is getting their own radio station June 1! As a recent listener, I'm excited. I only hope I can access it through my Apple TV or iTunes.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 2:13 pm   Permalink

heylownine, WOW what great photos! Makes me really thirsty and its not even lunch time yet!

TikiTaky: Yes, you should be able to get the radio station via iTunes and hopefully iTV---Well, let me clarify: It won't be listed in iTunes Radio within iTunes, however I do know that you will be able to click an iTunes playlist option on my radio page that automatically launches iTunes and loads the radio stream URL. At least it has in my tests.

Also, the station will be fully iOS, Android and Blackberry compatible for listening on the go! Just working out a few kinks before June 1st.

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2013-05-13 14:28 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation