FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 08:46 am   Permalink

QV,
Thanks a lot for the kind words! Yes, I wanted to put the shout out that Robb Hamel is interviewed on Episode 8 and I must say, he really got into the nitty gritty of velvet painting! Enjoy!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-02 06:43 am   Permalink

I'm a huge fan of the Quiet Village Podcast! Mahalo for the "shout out" Digitiki!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-02 08:45 am   Permalink

I think you should try and get Marty Lush to do a little Booze related segment in your podcasts. You'd probably have to do it from the bar, cos' that's where he lives. Maybe some drink tips, recipes, or some other booze related tid bits....and of course, a classic one-liner or 2.

I know him, so I might be able to hook it up

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 07:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-02 08:45, tikiyaki wrote:
I think you should try and get Marty Lush to do a little Booze related segment in your podcasts. You'd probably have to do it from the bar, cos' that's where he lives. Maybe some drink tips, recipes, or some other booze related tid bits....and of course, a classic one-liner or 2.

You know, I love the Quiet Village podcasts quite a bit..but I never made the Marty Lush connection until the Squid/TO show at Kona 2 weeks ago. I'm a little slow on the uptake I guess. I guess that explains how the Quiet Village got "Bachelor No. 2" before anyone else did

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-03 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-03 07:52, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-02 08:45, tikiyaki wrote:

You know, I love the Quiet Village podcasts quite a bit..but I never made the Marty Lush connection until the Squid/TO show at Kona 2 weeks ago. I'm a little slow on the uptake I guess. I guess that explains how the Quiet Village got "Bachelor No. 2" before anyone else did

What "connection" are you speaking of ?

Besides....Bachelor #1 was on the show, and yes there will be a 2 and 3.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-03 11:22 pm   Permalink

DigiTiki, I'm looking forward to the next episode already!

Love the Rob Hamel interview! Who's next, Sam Gambino? Crazy Al?? Gecko??? SHAG????!!!

All on my wish list.

View Profile of QuietVillage Send a personal message to QuietVillage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-04 2:00 pm   Permalink

D~

Really enjoyed the last two shows alot. Wonderful stuff! I would respectfully request they you mix in some "new" exotica in every show. I love the classic exotica, but I'm always hunting for new exotica music, and your hunting seems much better than mine! Thanks for a great show - it's perfect to listen to while I paint - (even on regular canvas).

Mahalo plenty!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-04 2:17 pm   Permalink

Great Stuff!

I'm absolutely loving these shows.

I've noticed you almost seem apologetic when you have a lot of talking, don't be, you're a great interviewer, and I'd subscribe even if your show was just interviews in the Tiki community!

If you feel your show should be more strictly music related, than just have two podcasts!!! But seriously, I think that last episode with the Robb Hamel interview was outstanding, it was a great mix of music, and interview.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 08:38 am   Permalink

THanks Tiki SHark & Granite!!
Shark-I agree, I do want to start mixing in the new and old stuff together
Granite--Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you don't mine me rambling on. Its just that I get these play lists together and I have all these great tunes that I want to sqeeze in and then I realize how short an hour really is.

I've got a few really exciting interviews lined up and I hope they pan out.

Thank you for listening!! keep those ideas comin'!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-17 01:04 am   Permalink

Okay, now you got me listening to modern music and wondering if it's really exotica music that's evolved beyond what we thought exotica was. Like, this may be crazy, but I swear that the new Nine Inch Nails has some strange exotica feeling to it. Industrial Exotica? You listen and tell me I'm crazy. Listen to NIN Ghosts tracks 6, 15, 17, 21.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-24 2:50 pm   Permalink

Dear Digitiki~
I've heard the story about Arthur Lyman's album "Taboo 2": That it was recorded in Honolulu after hours in the Kaiser Aluminum Dome night club. Sometimes recording went all night. So, when the morning sun hits the dome at sunrise the dome heats and expands and makes noise. These noises are reputed to be on two of the tracks on Taboo 2. I have this album on CD, and I can't find these mysterious noises.

Can you talk about this on your program and point out the dome sounds?

Love da podcast.
Aloha -
B~

QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-27 04:01 am   Permalink

The Gentle People should be in there sumwhere in ep. 8.... Space tiki.

Anyways, onto ep. NINE!!!! Gimme gimme gimme...

View Profile of QuietVillage Send a personal message to QuietVillage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-27 7:31 pm   Permalink

Episode Nine - what a treat! thanks for the cool tunes!

QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-28 10:32 am   Permalink

Soothing tunes to help me get through a ruff day... Suave & Sweet. Thanks again DigiTiki!

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 4:02 pm   Permalink

Tiki Shark,
Yes, I have heard that story and I'm sure it is true. Another thing was that Jeff Chenault told me that they often recorded all night and into the morning hours and that on one recording (he didn't say which one) you can hear a large delivery truck go by. I also remember hearing what sounded like boxes being unloaded or dropped on the floor, almost as if there was a delivery going on at the Hilton. That may have been the sound you were talking about. Either way, yes that would make an interesting side thing. I will have to do some critical listening to my Lyman recording to find some and do a segment on that.

Also, if anyone knows of specific tunes that these "outside" sounds are heard, please let me know!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation