[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki For the love of Michael Jackson
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
For the love of Michael Jackson
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 04:41 am   Permalink

Tiki is a misunderstood, underappreciated subculture. No wonder I like Jacko.

I don't think I have ever been able to understand or appreciate Michael Jackson until today. I heard him when I was in grade school and was fascinated by Captain EO as much as the next kid, but never thought of him again as I grew up and had in the last few years thought as little of him as the rest of the world. But this latest surge, this latest orgy, of Michael Jackson bashing has done just the opposite for me - I am suddenly interested in his music again and have found myself listening to it all for the past few days.

And it's not just his music. The man rocks too. He's sincerely as weird as he is. He's so comfortable with himself - defying the world and maintaining that YOU ARE peter pan - this ridiculousness at middle age - this is the essence of cool.

Here here for Michael Jackson. He's perhaps the most well-adjusted human on this fucked up planet - no wonder his mere existence disturbs most people.

[ This Message was edited by: kahukini on 2003-02-26 04:42 ]

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 05:48 am   Permalink

Read this and your love may diminish a little:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjdec1.html

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 06:00 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

1) It was so obviously written by the 13 year old in question.

2) No beyond a reasonable doubt evidence, only the kid's word against Jackson's.

3) These accusations would hurt, even destroy, anyone's career - any public figure would pay rather than go to trial.

4) If anything happened, money takes care of everything. Everyone knows that. This kid & his Santa Monica lawyers sure knew it.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-26 04:41, kahukini wrote:
He's so comfortable with himself. He's perhaps the most well-adjusted human on this fucked up planet.

I disagree. Being comfortable with one's self would not prompt so much plastic surgery. Regarding being well adjusted, I think the dude is totally the opposite! He so wants the world to love him that when he's not praised he blames it on the media. I think the man needs serious psyhchiatric evaluation. He's simply not normal.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-02-26 08:58 am   Permalink

PolyPop,

Don't you see what Kahukini is doing again? Don't fall for the "let me see what reaction I get if I drop my pants in public" posts...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 09:01 am   Permalink

I'm convinced Michael Jackson is made of cheese.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 09:05 am   Permalink

I just saw the interview finally last night. I'd say he's about one corncob short of a bushel. And what's with these damned kids today? When I was 14 I was bagging groceries, chasing girls, listening to Slayer and getting stoned. Nightly pocket pool with a 44-year-old horrific male freak was not at the top of list of "things to do".

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 09:19 am   Permalink

I think the surgery is way over the top, but other than that, I'm with Kahukini on this one.
Every average joe wants to tear down someone in the limelight. Or lie and get settlements.
And more importantly than the kids, whose f'in parents would let small children go stay in a mansion with an adult they don't know overnight, no matter who he/she is?

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 10:12 am   Permalink

If Michael Jackson collected Tiki, would any of you change your mind about collecting it?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 10:26 am   Permalink

I collect mostly "older" tiki items, so at least I know I wouldn't have any competion from him because he seems to only like "young" things.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 12:06 pm   Permalink

Michael Jackson is a psychologically disturbed, surgically-altered, child molesting freak.

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 12:17 pm   Permalink

Michael's face is rotting away like a poor, vintage tiki left out too long in the rain...

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 12:20 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm.....

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 12:23 pm   Permalink

I agree he's BEYOND freakish looking.

I saw this funny sequence of photos going from his youth until present day, and the caption was something like:

"Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman."

I still laugh about that.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 12:24 pm   Permalink

Hilarious!

We were just watching Planet of the Apes and noticed the resemblence!

Okay, back to work.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation