FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LeRoy Schmaltz Art Show....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
LeRoy Schmaltz Art Show....
Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-02 6:33 pm   Permalink

The show is finally hung! I can't believe all the stuff I have! From the 50's and 60's to the present, personal statement art to Oceanic Arts samples. Also my kids and grandkids have displayed a bit of there talents. We are frantically getting ready for the two receptions on the 3rd and the 17th hope you all can make it to one of them. Art, goodies, music, and Ohano
Whittier Art Gallery is open Wed thru Sun 12:00-5:00 p.m. Come any time

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-02 6:41 pm   Permalink

FYI ------------- IT REALLY IS ME!

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 6:52 pm   Permalink

Rock on! I'm sure it will rock wish I could visit! (its a tough drive from east coast!)

thanks for posting! Leroy!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 7:07 pm   Permalink

wish i could be there! yet another once in a lifetime event I cant get to. Take pictures, I wanna see! Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-02 7:08 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! SoccerTiki and I can't wait to see all of Leroy's Treasures

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 10:10 am   Permalink

LEROY ("le Roi" en francaise) is the one and only TIKI CARVER KING!

Good luck on this show. We unworthies all bow and grovel in praise!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-03 10:44 am   Permalink

looking forward to it!!!! See you later today!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki

Posted: 2008-05-03 6:05 pm   Permalink

wow.i just got back from the show.leroy is the king!!amazing and diverse body of work.thanks for sharing leroy!!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 6:41 pm   Permalink

I really enjoyed the show. What an incredibly talented family.

I always appreciate it when a gallery offers prints or cards featuring the artist's work for those of us who can't always afford an original.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2008-05-03 8:13 pm   Permalink

We just got back from whittier and I have to say I am even more impressed with Leroys skills as an artist then ever. We all know his tikis and polynesian creations are amazing, but I had no idea that he sculpts and paints in many different styles and formats. My wife and I were awe struck at the paintings, pen and inks and the really cool cochina dolls and wooden birds! In addition to his awesome works, were the works of his extended family too! both children and grandchildren. Each one's work amazing as the next. Each very much an artist in their own right. One VERY talented family.

It was good to see a decent TC presence (even with tiki invasion going on), to get a chance to chat with Leroy and Bob (such great and friendly people!) and listen to polynesian drumming and dancing. Good times!

I'm bummed I won't be able to make it on the 17th, but for those of you going, you're going to have a blast!

Thanks Leroy and family, the OA crew, and TC ohana for a fun evening! I hope your art show goes very well!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2008-05-03 20:13 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 9:03 pm   Permalink

A few of my favorites.

Being that LeRoy is pretty much Living, Walking, Tiki, It was awesome to see his "Escape From Tiki" abstracts and sculptures.

2 shaka's up!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 12:07 am   Permalink

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 07:51 am   Permalink

Congratulations Leroy!! What a tremendous show! We can't wait to come on the 17th. We really wanted to come yesterday but my parents were visiting from Oregon and they were not up for the full day outing that it would have been combining the show and a visit to Oceanic Arts. But we will be there an the 17th and can not wait!!!

Very Best,
Gem and Mark

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-04 08:38 am   Permalink

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Thanks for postin'! I feel like I've been blessed!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation