FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LeRoy Schmaltz Art Show....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
LeRoy Schmaltz Art Show....
Surf Seal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-04 1:04 pm   Permalink

My son and I had a great time at the opening yesterday. What a beautiful collection from the lifetime of an important artist -- an artist that actually made the built environment of our world a dream-worthy place. Thanks, Leroy, for being such a great, humble host! See you soon, say "howdee" to Bob.

View Profile of Surf Seal Send a personal message to Surf Seal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 12:35 am   Permalink

It was a great show and honor for me to congratulate Leroy on a milestone made with all of his artistic talents. Simply put, the guy is just as amazing as his real life adventures! If you didn't make it, make sure to attend the May 17th reception... Also, always good seeing Bamboo Benjammin again!

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-05-05 23:58 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-05 9:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for making our opening reception a great successes. I enjoyed seeing everyone enjoy the show. Thanks for all the kind words about all the art in the show as you can see Tiki is not my only passion. For those that couldn't come the 17th is in a few weeks Also my wife and I are at the gallery every Sunday afternoon 2-5pm This might be a good time to talk story
See you soon

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-13 01:02 am   Permalink

GROG really looking forward to the Artist Reception this coming weekend (May 17). This is on GROG' MUST-DO list.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 11:02 am   Permalink

3 to 5 pm with Smokin Menahunes right??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-05-13 11:08 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 11:36 am   Permalink

Leroy, one of the greatest regrets regarding all the Tiki events I will have to miss this summer due to working in Germany is that I missed YOUR opening because of that, and that I will miss the show, 'cause I won't be back til the end of June. Damn!
My congrats to a great show of an all-around-talent artist,
Sven

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Tiki Shop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-13 11:52 am   Permalink

We will be there the 17th for sure! Can't wait!

View Profile of The Tiki Shop Send a personal message to The Tiki Shop  Email The Tiki Shop Goto the website of The Tiki Shop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 5:46 pm   Permalink

Who's planning to go Saturday ?

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-15 5:48 pm   Permalink

I have it slated, what time?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 6:02 pm   Permalink

i"ll be there 3 to 5

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-15 6:24 pm   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 8:45 pm   Permalink

Sparklemark and I will be there on Saturday!!

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 11:24 pm   Permalink

I will be there for the closing reception without a doubt.
Aloha,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-16 3:15 pm   Permalink

We're gonna stop off at the Friendly Hills Lanes before the reception (2ish) for a Zombie!!! We stopped in before the last reception and were pleasantly surprised!!! It's a funky old bowling alley worth at least a look at. And it's only a few blocks away. http://www.amf.com/friendlyhillslanes/centerHomepage.htm

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 4:25 pm   Permalink

Damn, damn , damn ! My appointment is the same time . I wish there were more time but the exhibit is only from 3-5 . Manu, the tattoo artist is in Beverly Hills for 1 month from Tahiti . Ive been waiting for ever to get something done by him . Hes doing a tiki on my calf surrounded by tahitian symbols .Tiki Kinniki and I will be there from 2:15 to around 7 pm . Then we will hit Trader Vics and then to the submarine races behind the Hollywood sign . Here is some of his type of freehand work .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation