Vintage Drink Guys
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-11 3:19 pm   Permalink

A little equal time...

Okay and food servers...

Tiki Calendar for 2008

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-04-11 15:20 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-11 4:22 pm   Permalink

He's hot! (well, not so much).

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-11 4:47 pm   Permalink

Swanky,

I was going to post this one as a follow-up to the drink girls, but you beat me to the "punch".

Here are some more leading men behind the bar.

The Bartender at the Polynesian Bar in the Somerset Hotel, Boston Mass.

The bartender at Dug's West Indies in Reno, Nevada

A different 70's take on the Mai Kai Flaming Coffee Grog

And of course Stanley the Entertainer at Tahitian Bar, Castaways Resort, Miami Beach

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-11 5:20 pm   Permalink

Oh, and one more from the Kahiki that was on an earlier post for the Kahiki Catalog.

Tiki mugs and Sandro Conti the bar manager.

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-11 10:40 pm   Permalink

Does anyone else think the guy in glasses kinda resembles TofuJoe?

Quote:

On 2008-04-11 16:47, Dustycajun wrote:

The bartender at Dug's West Indies in Reno, Nevada

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 11:16 am   Permalink

Boy that lonely bunch of bananas looks sad hanging off that one bamboo pole at the Somerset Hotel's Polynesian Bar (compared to Don the Beachcomber's or Kelbo's banana bunches). And a Tiki merely PAINTED on a column? That postcard is great, for it qualifies for the most low budget Tiki Bar decor ever! :

It looks like a classic 40s Boston dark wood bar was dressed up Polynesian style presto! to catch up with the trend.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 11:33 am   Permalink

Haole'akamai,

I don't know who TofuJoe is, but I think there should be a Dug's Bartender Look-A-like contest at Hukilau and/or Tiki Oasis this year. Winner gets a free mug!

Bigbro,

The weird thing about that understated Polynesian Bar in Boston is that it says it is connected to Skipper Kent. See the back of the card.

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-04-12 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 11:33, Dustycajun wrote:
Haole'akamai,

I don't know who TofuJoe is,

Dustycajun, may I present TofuJoe ~

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 1:09 pm   Permalink

Dustycajun, may I present TofuJoe ~

[/quote]

Bora Boris,

Thank you for the introduction. All TofuJoe needs is a Blue Hawaiian shirt and some thick-frame glasses and we have the first winner of the Dug's Bartender Look-A-Like contest!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 3:01 pm   Permalink

How's this?

Ha! I just noticed both photos have bottles of Senior Curacao of Curacao on the shelves in the background!

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-04-12 15:04 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 3:02 pm   Permalink

THAT IS AWESOME! Now that's a winner if I ever saw one! We need competitors, now.

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 11:33, Dustycajun wrote:
The weird thing about that understated Polynesian Bar in Boston is that it says it is connected to Skipper Kent. See the back of the card.

Yet another sign of that place trying to jump on the Polynesian train: The Hotel, not being part of a rich chain, couldn't get Don or Vic's franchise, so they they went down the list to the next guy! All the hotels at the time tried to follow the success of the Hilton, Sheraton and Marriot Tiki concepts.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-04-12 15:05 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 3:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 15:01, Haole'akamai wrote:
Ha! I just noticed both photos have bottles of Senior Curacao of Curacao on the shelves in the background!

...but the real Dug surely will beat anyone with the sheer amount of themed liquor bottles on his back bar shelves. Now there is a whole dark chapter of bad taste collectables! Themed liquor decanters!

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 4:33 pm   Permalink

Thats a great picture Haole Akamai!

Beverly Hill's Trader Vic's on International Tiki Day in August,2006.
Alphi and a few other bartenders and waiters. Hiltiki, can you help me name them?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-12 8:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-12 15:01, Haole'akamai wrote:
How's this?

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-04-12 15:04 ]

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! We have our first annual Dug's Bartender Look-A-Like Contest Winner.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 9:45 pm   Permalink

[quote]
Okay and food servers...

And how about these fine servers from the Zombie Hut (courtesy of Mimi's web site)

I think that's Dug's younger brother on the left in the green shirt. Or is that TofuJoe?

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2008-04-16 21:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2008-04-16 21:50 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation