Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Tikiyaki Orchestra Announcement
Tikiyaki Orchestra Announcement
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-14 10:18 am   Permalink

For those of you coming to the TIKI FARM BACK TO THE BEACH event this Saturday....an added bonus to this performance...

We will be honored to have GARY BRANDIN from the legendary BLUE HAWAIIANS and THE VANDURAS joining us on Steel guitar.

For those of you who know Gary's playing, you'll know what a treat this is, as he played on the Tikiyaki Orchestra CD, and his work with the Blue Hawaiians and the Vanduras speaks for itself....

What can I say, but, we're honored and stoked to have him performing with us.

See you all there.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 11:27 am   Permalink

Holy Mc Moly! That will be a show not to be missed. I hope somebody gets this on video for us geographically challenged.
Have a great time!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 11:27 am   Permalink

double posted in all my excitement.. lo siento

[ This Message was edited by: chongolio 2008-04-14 14:18 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 1:27 pm   Permalink

You lucky ones! I love the Vanduras.

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 9:15 pm   Permalink

Eggcellent news, Thanks Jim,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 09:19 am   Permalink

Awesome!

This was their debut, and first live preformance. Yet, it sounded like they have been playing together for years! I loved the whole concept, from the 1950's style upscale chinese restaraunt waiters outfits they all wore, to the sound and tone of the whole thing. The excellent time keeping and gorgeous electric bass tone of veteran bassist Jonpaul, (who can play everything from Jazz to Rock) to the awesome and pro-level drumming of Squid and his percussionist, to the cheesy and vegas style stage banter of Marty Lush (did I get that name right?) who was a great vibe player (and had a real Disney Jungle boat cruise operator sense of humor), to the iconic, stoic and regal stage presence of leader Jim, who doubled on percussion and surf guitar and reminded me of an evil version of Johnny Cash! These guys were frikin awesome! The tone of thier performance matched the CD they have created perfectly, and was really mixed well. You could hear everything perfectly, crisp and clean! These guys should be headlining the next Tiki Oasis! Bravo, guys!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-20 2:20 pm   Permalink

The boys of Tikiyaki were excellent!! I really enjoyed it. Hope to hear a lot more of them soon.

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 4:48 pm   Permalink

One of the many things I really enjoyed was their version of "quiet village". Though we have all heard the song a million times, it's still not an easy song to play. Jim Tikiyaki did it on a guitar, no less!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 5:16 pm   Permalink

Tikiyaki Orchestra got it goin on!
Great performance yesterday!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 7:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-14 11:27, Chongolio wrote:
Holy Mc Moly! That will be a show not to be missed. I hope somebody gets this on video for us geographically challenged.
Have a great time!

CHEERS!!!!

anyone ???

Missed it by That Much!! ( or 4 hours)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 11:10 pm   Permalink

Here ya go....part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohVDlxx3cM

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-21 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-20 23:10, squid wrote:
Here ya go....part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohVDlxx3cM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation