FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-04-14 2:23 pm   Permalink

The Jab proudly presents International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island, a hi-flying mix of the best uptempo 60s French pop, Euro library & film soundtracks, international 60s garage and beat, and much more!

We're back to the last Thursday of each month starting in February 2009

Takeoff at 8:00

Layover drink special - come dressed as a vintage-era stewardess or pilot and get a discount!

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2009-03-02 14:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2009-11-17 15:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THEJAB 2009-12-15 18:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THEJAB 2010-01-28 17:13 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-04-18 10:16 am   Permalink

This is going to be so sweet, people! Don't miss it!

Killer tunes, a space-age new drink special, and Steph in go-go boots! And yes, peanuts!

We're really excited about this night, so head on over!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-04-23 11:45 am   Permalink

Tomorrow night!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 1:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-14 14:23, thejab wrote:

Layover drink special - come dressed as a vintage-era stewardess or pilot and get half-off!

Hmmm.... I dunno if I have anything...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 4:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-23 13:08, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-14 14:23, thejab wrote:

Layover drink special - come dressed as a vintage-era stewardess or pilot and get half-off!

Hmmm.... I dunno if I have anything...

I think half your wardrobe would qualify as vintage Aloha Air wear.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 4:55 pm   Permalink

Every Thursday is Classic Cocktail night at FI, in which we showcase a drink - one night only - from the annals of Tiki history. So in addition to the Layover, we are pouring the Lani Honi, from the Matson Line SS Mariposa (1962 menu).
A delicious blend of Benedictine, Lemon Juice and light Rum.

In the words of the King himself,
"We're flying, coming your way
Aloha, Hawaii, USA"

See ya tomorrow at Jab's Flight Lounge!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-04-24 11:56 am   Permalink

The Forbidden Island web site says it like this (bold added by me):

Quote:
Featuring our “Layover” drink special- come dressed as a vintage stewardess or pilot and take half off!

We may have a lot of half-naked people, so don't miss this!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 4:13 pm   Permalink

That'll be interesting...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 8:29 pm   Permalink

Depends on the people. And dangit, it looks like I don't have any offical pilot's type crew uniform. Does a suit with a cheap ass Disneyland skipper's hat, and a wings pin on the lapel count?

Oh hey, isn't tonight Forbidden Island's 2nd anniversary? This sounds like a great way to kick off another year!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kwilson

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:40 am   Permalink

International Flight Lounge last night was pretty good, but I didn't care much for the Layover (what the hell was in that thing?!?).

I wrote up a
review with some pictures.

Keep up the good work!

[ This Message was edited by: kwilson 2008-04-25 13:12 ]

View Profile of kwilson Send a personal message to kwilson  Goto the website of kwilson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-24 20:29, Mai Tai wrote:
Depends on the people. And dangit, it looks like I don't have any offical pilot's type crew uniform. Does a suit with a cheap ass Disneyland skipper's hat, and a wings pin on the lapel count?

Oh hey, isn't tonight Forbidden Island's 2nd anniversary? This sounds like a great way to kick off another year!

Yes , it was their 2nd anniversary.. Last night was fun.. I had one to many drink specials

I hate when that happens.

Everybody who dressed up looked great !!

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-24 20:29, Mai Tai wrote:

Technically, our anniversary date was the 22nd (Tuesday). I can't believe it's been two years already!!
We'll be marking the occasion on Sunday with the Mug release, but the real celebration will be at the Luau on May 18th.
(
Now onto Flight Lounge. Wow!! What a great time!! With "Airport" playing on the bar TV, Jab's international DJ mix and the terrific flight uniforms, FI was indeed transported to the Golden Age of travel.
Thanks to all who were there and especially those who made the effort to dress the part. I'm already looking forward to the next one (May 29th)

Here's some pics:

"There's no better way to fly"
Captain Mike and Stewardess Stephanie welcome all aboard Flight FI

"Don't call me slurrey!"
Pilot CP prepares for take-off

"We'll take more care of you"
Our gorgeous Stewardess does her rounds

"Fly the friendly skies"
Captain Mike shares a moment with
Stewardess Humuhumu and Fighter-Pilot friend

"We love to fly"
(Sleazy) Pilot DJ Jab steals a moment from the cockpit to hit on Stewardess Carrie

"Life is a journey, Travel it well"

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2008-04-25 15:57 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-04-25 4:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who came out and to those who got dressed up! Let's do it again next month. Hopefully we'll see more girls wearing costumes. I think there were more pilots last night than stewardesses.

The Lani Honi was delicious!

thejab

Posted: 2008-04-25 4:42 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, happy anniversary to my home away from home! I was looking forward to celebrating it but spaced on it on Tuesday. On Wednesday I went in expecting a whole bunch of TC Ohana celebrating but there were just a handful of us. I guess I showed up too late - at around 10:30. Can't wait for the luau so we can really celebrate.

thejab

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:23 pm   Permalink

Here are Carrie's pics.

Carrie and pilot Jab:

L to R: Carrie, me, Stephanie, Stormy, who wore his grandfather's original WWII bomber jacket and hat and would have won the best outfit prize (if there were such a contest), and Misty:

with stewardesses Stephanie and Carrie:

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation