FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-21 4:16 pm   Permalink

International Flight Lounge takes off again on October 30th!

Then we are switching to second Thursdays for Nov, Dec, and Jan because of the holidays.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-21 9:07 pm   Permalink

roger that

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-10-29 3:02 pm   Permalink

It's a wrap! I just finished a slide show of vintage stewardess images that will be shown tomorrow night. We will also be showing some vintage TV ads from Braniff Airlines, the famous airline campaign that in the 60s announced "The End of the Plain Plane". They had Emilio Pucci design new flight attendant and pilot uniforms, Alexander Girard design the plane interiors, terminal lounges, and ticket counters, and in the 70s even had Alexander Calder decorate the outside of some of their planes.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-11-11 12:38 pm   Permalink

Come fly with us this Thursday, November 13th! Your flight has been rescheduled to second Thursdays for November, December, and January due to the holidays (and my vacation in January).

Everything else is unchanged: high-flying tunes from around the world, the Layover drink special, yours truly in handsome pilot uniform, your hostess in sexy vintage stewardess outfit, groovy visuals on the TV, and peanuts!

thejab

Posted: 2008-12-10 1:57 pm   Permalink

I've been buying records like crazy lately. I have some great 60s groovy Italian buttshakers and lots of swinging 60s and 70s "sound library" music from France and the UK to accompany our flight to remote lands.

And Lee will be making her debut as our stewardess in a vintage-era United Airlines dress, as seen in the ad below!

We take off tomorrow at 8:00. This is gonna be a great one - don't miss it!

thejab

Posted: 2009-01-06 1:06 pm   Permalink

The runways are clear for International Flight Lounge flight no. 10 this Thursday, January 8th!

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2009-01-06 13:06 ]

thejab

Posted: 2009-02-25 3:44 pm   Permalink

It's been a long seven week wait, but we take off again tomorrow night!

Dress up or come as you are, and have a great flight!

thejab

Posted: 2009-03-19 1:23 pm   Permalink

I'm seeking a couple of sexploitation films on VHS or DVD:

Fly Me, 1973
Swedish Fly Girls, 1971 (aka Christa)

It would be nice if they were in english but it's not neccessary because I want to screen them at International Flight Lounge with the sound off.

Please respond here or send me a PM.

International Flight Lounge returns in one week!

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 4:07 pm   Permalink

A special treat for all flight lounge attendees this Thursday - FREE FOOD!! That's right folks, something that not even the airlines are honoring these days. We're in the process of revamping our food menu and have a bunch of samples to go through. So come enjoy the musical pop stylings of Dj The Jab. Food service begins at 9pm. Come hungry!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2009-04-28 5:24 pm   Permalink

This Thursday!

April 30th at 8:00pm sharp

You're invited to the

International Flight Lounge One Year Anniversary Party

Your pilot The Jab takes you on a hip shakin' musical journey
to the glory days of jet travel - the 60s and 70s!

French Pop
Now Sound
Bossa Nova
Soundtracks
Funky Library Grooves
International 60s Garage and Beat

Very special guest
Ms. JOELYN CURTIS
Former Eastern airlines stewardess, and The Jab's mom!

Still available: International Flight Lounge mix CDs for sale,
featuring 30 amazing songs from around the world,
guaranteed to get your butt shakin' for only $5!

Come as a vintage era stewardess or pilot and get a discount off the Layover drink special!

Classic airline movies and slideshow!

Free peanuts too!

Plus, see bartender extraordinaire Lara try to tend bar in a 60s stewardess uniform!

thejab

Posted: 2009-05-27 12:43 pm   Permalink

We'll give you a lift again this Thursday, May 28th (tomorrow)!

thejab

Posted: 2009-06-22 12:46 pm   Permalink

International Flight Lounge takes off again this Thursday, June 25th!

I'll be showing the movie "Christa" aka Swedish Fly Girls from 1971. It was actually filmed in Copenhagen, Denmark, and is filled with beautiful images of that city and some amazing mod interiors. It comes with subtitles in Norwegian, so if you can read Norwegian...

Check out the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlAoYqlpGE

tikimyniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-27 10:19 am   Permalink

LMAO! The ground crew pic is classic!

View Profile of tikimyniki Send a personal message to tikimyniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2009-08-26 7:52 pm   Permalink

My how time flies! (pun intended)

INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT LOUNGE takes off again tomorrow, August 27th!

Come in vintage stewardess or pilot attire, or come as a tourist in aloha wear!

thejab

Posted: 2009-09-22 5:00 pm   Permalink

International Flight Lounge returns this Thursday, featuring a new in-flight drink special: The Jet Pilot! One of my favorite drinks. I hope your pilot doesn't get too inebriated to fly the plane!

Upcoming schedule:
Last Thursday in October (the 29th), then third Wednesdays in November (the 18th) and December (the 16th).
(because of the holidays which fall on the usual last Thursday).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation