FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mahalo for Coming to TikiBocce(tm) III - *Buy an Event Poster 4 Charity!*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mahalo for Coming to TikiBocce(tm) III - *Buy an Event Poster 4 Charity!*
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 1:11 pm   Permalink

If anyone would like to be added to our evite, PM your email address to Haole'Akamai or myself.

Anyone local who wants to try to sneak in some practice let us know and we'll make sure you are on the list to be notified. I'll be working on the court this weekend!

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 9:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-01 13:11, TofuJoe wrote:
Anyone local who wants to try to sneak in some practice let us know and we'll make sure you are on the list to be notified. I'll be working on the court this weekend!

Oooh, practice would be good! I'm 3000 miles away this weekend, but I'll be back mid-week. Lemme know when I can get some lessons from the resident pros!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 9:34 pm   Permalink

Jen, you'd better post heaps of Mai Kai pictures and tell us all about your first time there!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 12:36 am   Permalink

Evite is up! If you'd like to be on the list, please pm me your email address.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 4:18 pm   Permalink

Da da da DA!!

The poster is (finally) here!!

We'll have prints available by TikiBocce III for sale (price is still to be determined), with all proceeds to benefit
The LindyHop 4 Life 24 Hour Cancer Dance-a-thon!!

Also available will be vegetable starts as well as other plants (Black Magic taro, papyrus, etc.) for your summer planting pleasure!

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-05-12 16:19 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 10:03 pm   Permalink

Imagine my surprise to find that Bocce is a prominent plot point in the latest episode of Tiki Bar TV! TikiBocce is taking the world by storm!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 3:36 pm   Permalink

Ha! And when we put the Bocce court in the closest connection to Polynesia and Tiki we could get is the photo of a bocce court in the Dominican Republic!

In Honor of the episode, Lund Manor will be serving The Italian Lover at TikiBocce III!!!!

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-16 15:36, Haole'akamai wrote:
In Honor of the episode, Lund Manor will be serving The Italian Lover at TikiBocce III!!!!

Shweet! I thought that recipe looked interesting and can't wait to taste it!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 8:42 pm   Permalink

We got the posters back from the printer, Greener Printer, and they look fabulous!

They are 14" long x 11" high and are printed on "95 # Reincarnation Cover", which is 100% recycled, 50% post-consumer waste, processed chlorine-free paper.

All proceeds from selling these posters will go to the charity fund-raiser TofuJoe and I participate in, Lindy Hop 4 Life. We're asking $10 each for the poster, and then we will have 25 limited editions, which will be numbered and signed, for $25 each. It's a great poster, it's a great cause. Please consider purchasing one (or two!).

See ya on the court!

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 11:40 pm   Permalink

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing the name of the poster artist, and I can't read the signature on the posted pic. Can you tell us who this talented person is?
Mahalo!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 1:07 pm   Permalink

Oops! Yes, of course! It's Jason Rodgers, most known for his original embroidered designs for Fez-O-Rama, a stand-up guy, all around!

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 5:14 pm   Permalink

That poster is FANTASTIC!!!

Anything with monkeys drinkin' rum and I'm all for it!

I'll send my last minute reply from Mrs.Mojo and I.....it's just been a crazy month and now I have an injury to my left hand....but that's not my bocce ball throwing hand....but it is my drinking hand!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Can the posters be ordered and shipped?

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 7:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-22 17:22, LOL Tiki wrote:
Can the posters be ordered and shipped?

You bet! Let me find out how much a shipping tube will be and then it'll be just postage.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 7:48 pm   Permalink

The appropriately sized mailing tubes are $2.19 at the post office. I just happened to have bought a couple recently and had one handy by my computer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation