FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Are you a musician / Do you play an instrument ?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Are you a musician / Do you play an instrument ?
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 7:27 pm   Permalink

I'd like to hear from fellow members who are either musicians ( performers ) or who play an instrument .

I have played drums for many moons , and have a humble collection of vintage and modern drums & cymbals .

Not in band currently , but play every day along with CDs via Walkman & phones .

How about you ?

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 7:33 pm   Permalink

..i play kazoo......i don't own one yet but i have a lease, with an option to buy....... **sigh**....someday, though......

seriously, i did play drums as well for many years.....after jr. highschool jazz band, i gave it up to chase girls instead.....no really,i did play for years and had a real drumset but the paper skins kept breaking......no seriously i had a ludwig set....and i was a band geek in school for much of my early education....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 02:05 am   Permalink

Not a musician, but I have my moments on the Hawaiian steel.
www.hwnsge.5u.com
Any steel players/lovers here?

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
basilh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-16 03:55 am   Permalink

Yes, I've been know to play a little..
Basil
www.waikiki-islanders.com

View Profile of basilh Send a personal message to basilh  Email basilh Goto the website of basilh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 05:12 am   Permalink

There’s a thread called Tiki Musicians Unite, that’s duplicated here!

I play guitar.

http://www.kawentzmann.de

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quiet Village Idiot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 06:55 am   Permalink

I sing. Does that count? But I think my voice might be a bit too 'rock' for this exotica malarkey ...

I also play a bit of guitar and drums -- only a bit, though.

View Profile of Quiet Village Idiot Send a personal message to Quiet Village Idiot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-16 07:31 am   Permalink

I play, lil' bit.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 09:10 am   Permalink

Keys and Vibes here!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-18 2:24 pm   Permalink

I play Rubber Sitar, Bass Castanets, and Electric Kazoo. Do I win a prize?

Actually, percussion all the way: congas, bongos, claves, guiro, cabasa, bodhran, bones, doumbek, au go-go bells, shakers, castanets, tambourine, djembe, etc., etc. And, of course, that dreadfully boring -- but unfortunately often necessary -- time-keeping invention, the trap set. Scale percussion I've always had a talent/dexterity for but never persued. I regret that. I do have one of those mini-pan (steel) drums I can play quite well, though. But my biggest regret is never having learned the piano. I suppose it would've helped to have one at home; that way, I could've been stuck inside doing lessons on a warm sunny day, rather than outside having fun with the other kids.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 03:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-16 06:55, Quiet Village Idiot wrote:
I sing. Does that count?

Of course ! The human voice is ( well , can be ...) one of the greatest of instruments !

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 12:21 am   Permalink

Drums and miscellaneous irritating noises. Tikiyaki Orchestra and occasionally the Smokin' Menehunes.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-21 11:46 pm   Permalink

I own a bass.

but not in any band.
want to start a surf band.

but I was at the surfing Museum on Sun, and there was a jam session,
I was asked to join in,
I did 3 surf/instro songs.
Pipeline,
Penetration, and
Link Wrays
Jack the Ripper.

fun stuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-04-21 23:47 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 07:46 am   Permalink

Yeah, I mess arround here and there. I play drums and various percussive devices, a little keys, some bass, and just enough guitar to be considered dangerous. I even write exotica, country, rock, techno, and world beat music. Even done a little bit o zydico, you name it, I've written or recorded it.

http://www.mindshaftmusic.com/exotica_project.htm

Tiki Bill.

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 07:51 am   Permalink

I play guitar and sing. On an exotic island called Someday Isle, there is a CD of my music being listened to and enjoyed by one and all.

[ This Message was edited by: Thomas 2008-04-22 07:52 ]

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 11:16 am   Permalink

I've been in a bunch of bands over the years. Guitar is my 1st instrument, but I also play vibes and keys.

-Mondo Mod (surf/go go) see
www.myspace.com/mondomod

-Freddy & the Four Gone Conclusions (Garage rock) see www.myspace.com/freddyfortune

-the Elevations (Soul) see www.myspace.com/theelevations

Currently working on a new unnamed project, playing guitar and keys.

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation