FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Are you a musician / Do you play an instrument ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Are you a musician / Do you play an instrument ?
melstar000

Posted: 2008-04-25 3:59 pm   Permalink

kinda i play the sax sometimes. i've been playing since i was in high school

View Profile of melstar000 Send a personal message to melstar000      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 4:02 pm   Permalink

Is there a point to this thread?

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-24 11:16, Chub wrote:
I've been in a bunch of bands over the years. Guitar is my 1st instrument, but I also play vibes and keys.

-Mondo Mod (surf/go go) see http://www.myspace.com/mondomod

-Freddy & the Four Gone Conclusions (Garage rock) see http://www.myspace.com/freddyfortune

-the Elevations (Soul) see http://www.myspace.com/theelevations

Currently working on a new unnamed project, playing guitar and keys.

Freddy & the Four Gone Conclusions is a COOL band name !

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 16:02, DJ Terence Gunn wrote:

Could provide jam hookups for musicians....or we could just brag a bit.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 11:13 pm   Permalink

Played Bass for many years sit ins but not full on band stuff , 60,s Beatles ect , Lefty here .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-27 5:07 pm   Permalink

I play bongo and congas and ukulele and guitar, but mostly I'm a singer. I'm currently with two bands. One is a surf/rock band and the other is jazz band. We perform at park concerts, jazz clubs, corporate events and home parties.

As a hobby, you can't beat performing. I find it totally satisfying. I love being on stage and I love the constant discovery as I work to improve my skills.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-27 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 20:58, squid wrote:
Quote:

Exactly !

Here is one of my kits - a circa 1962 Gretsch Progressive jazz kit . Perfect for surf-rock , exotica and jazz !

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-27 8:11 pm   Permalink

http://www.comfortstand.com/artists/jackfetterman.html

-Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-27 11:56 pm   Permalink

I play guitar, and uke. In my band i play theremin,melodica, and im the lead singer. were a sci-fi themed ska band

www.myspace.com/drskavra

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stripe57

Posted: 2008-05-01 10:51 am   Permalink

Guitar and Uke. Not pro, just a closet musician.

View Profile of stripe57 Send a personal message to stripe57  Email stripe57 Goto the website of stripe57     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 11:37 am   Permalink

I play the theremin and the matryomin (matryoshka shaped theremin) with different bands. And the uke too.

www.myspace.com/nicolasvirani

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 5:25 pm   Permalink

I dabble in Congas. Actually numerous percussion instruments, djembe, ashiko,
timbales, surdo, you know, stuff that can be banged on. I play regularly in a
churchy rock band, sit-in with a fairly well known blues band in the area, and
have recorded a bunch of stuff with a couple of friends. We are strictly
percussion along the lines of Mickey Hart's Planet Drum. Some of the TC Ohana
might know us as "The Mensters."

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-01 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-27 18:49, sushiman wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-25 20:58, squid wrote:
Quote:

Exactly !

Here is one of my kits - a circa 1962 Gretsch Progressive jazz kit . Perfect for surf-rock , exotica and jazz !

Looks just like my friend Jeff Utterback from the Boardwalkers kit...I thin his is a 1958 tho'.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 7:53 pm   Permalink

Nice kit!

I started out on Violin when I was 6, played in several youth orchestras. I also started playing Piano just before, but never had a single lesson. Then I switched to Electric and upright bass in Jr. High. I also started playing drums, guitar and mandolin around the same time. In High school I stuck with Bass, playing jazz bass in the stage band, but added marimba and french horn (so I could be even more of a dork and be in the marching band all 4 years). Around this time Rockabilly was really hip, so I did that with some friends. Also played with a surf/mod/punk band for a while. In college I played vibes in the stage band. In the military over in the Islands I jammed with a lot of guys that were into fusion at the time (weather report, spyro gyra, Crusaders, etc..)got into traditional Hawaiian music (I had already been into Exotica since early childhood-via my mom's Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman records) and re-dedicated myself to bass. After getting back home I joined mostly rock bands playing in a RUSH tribute band, and ELP/YES/KING CRIMSON tribute band, several new wave bands in the vein of Berlin and Missing persons, ect, and then top forty bands, funk bands, and one particularly vicious Huntington Beach band that wanted to be the next Dramarama or Sublime. Then I whored myself out to everything from Bluegrass to polka, and finally found my boys in the Smoking Menehunes about 5 years ago. I also was a member of a straight ahead bop group just prior to joining the menehunes. Because I am bald, and like to go to bed early, I totally wrote off being a rock star. Just did not have the desire or the image, though others tried to steer me in that direction. If I had a dime for every time some guy said, "Just wear a hat"........

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2008-05-01 19:58 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-27 18:49, sushiman wrote:

Exactly !

Can you hear me drooling over there Sushiman?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation