FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » The National Tattoo Museum, Wellington, New Zealand (other)
The National Tattoo Museum, Wellington, New Zealand (other)
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 11:55 am   Permalink

Name:The National Tattoo Museum
Type:other
Street:42 Ablesmith Street
City: Wellington
State:
Zip:
Phone:(04) 385-6444

Description:
~ The museum has an impressive array of photos and exhibitions, too much to take in when being plied with bubbly. I was disappointed there were no brochures to take and peruse as the amount of detail in pictures and words is immense. A lot of effort has gone into “expressionism by culture, personal taste and individuality.” It is worth a look if you’re in Wellington looking for something else to do. ~

http://www.mokomuseum.org.nz/

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 3:32 pm   Permalink

Damn, I was just in Wellington over the weekend (maybe the same time as you?) and didn't know about this. I had seen pics of that building and moai before. Wellington is definitely NZ's most tiki city (in the poly-pop sense), and apparently good mai-tais are not too hard to find (even a $60 one! )

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 5:26 pm   Permalink

are photos allowed inside? too cool-one of these days....

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation