FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island 2nd Anniversary Mug Release!! **UPDATE: PLEASE READ PAGE 2**April 27th @ 3:00PM
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Forbidden Island 2nd Anniversary Mug Release!! **UPDATE: PLEASE READ PAGE 2**April 27th @ 3:00PM
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-04-19 08:09 am   Permalink

Aloha!

In celebration of our second anniversary, we’re pleased to announce the details for our next mug launch, The Kapulapu! The Limited Edition Forbidden Island Second Anniversary Kapulapu Mug will be released to the public on April 27th at 3:00pm. Designed & crafted by local Oakland artist Tiki Kaimuki, this very special and unique mug will certainly be a sell-out within minutes. Here’s a hint of how it looks in a green glaze:

http://www.tikiroom.com/img/8160x47ff23d8.jpg

The Forbidden Island edition will be cast in a classic satin black glaze reminiscent of the great OMC Moai mugs of long ago. In addition, each Forbidden Island version will feature a unique tongue- each one meticulously applied by hand and all one-of-a-kind! Each comes with a certificate of authenticity and features “FI2” in raised letters on the back of the mug.

The details:

-Mug sale starts at 3PM. Do not line up before the sun comes up.
-One mug per customer. No holding places in line- everyone interested in buying a mug must be in line the whole time.
-At 2:45, numbers will be issued. We’re doing something a little different this time: Your number will guarantee you the right to buy a mug, but not the number of the mug. When you get to the mug table, all of the mugs will be in boxes, and you’ll choose at random. Yes, number 1 will be available. But since they’re all unique, you may want to trade someone for a tongue you like better!
-CASH ONLY. Mugs are $75 each. PLEASE NOTE: Forbidden Island no longer has an ATM. Please make sure you have cash with you.

The total size of the edition may not be available until the last minute- it all depends on how the kiln behaves. Expect that there will be between 25 and 30.

SPECIAL BONUS: There will be an ultra-rare version of the mug in a white glaze with no tongue. Numbered “1.5”, this mug will be made available as a raffle item to give everyone a shot at it! Tickets will be on sale at FI on the 27th for $2 each and the raffle drawing will be held at 5:00PM. You must be present to win!

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy this beautiful new mug from a very talented Bay Area artist!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2008-04-27 08:41 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-19 11:02 am   Permalink

I might not get to be first in line, but at least I got first post to say looking forward to another fun time waiting in line for a great mug!

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-19 11:40 am   Permalink

I've got a regular Kapulapu in green and it looks mahvelous! Have fun out there gang.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 11:52 am   Permalink

Will LaLa be there?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:49 pm   Permalink

I will be there, of course!!! We should organize Food Drops somehow... Seems around 10:00 AM and just before the bar opens, everyone is starving... I suppose I should get a list of who will deliver to FI at the needed times...

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 7:28 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmm.....

I might be in town for this.

How's the weather??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
honu73

Posted: 2008-04-20 8:16 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: honu73 2009-07-20 14:13 ]

View Profile of honu73 Send a personal message to honu73      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-04-21 08:41 am   Permalink

No Lala.

Weather good.

Hotel:
http://www.marinavillageinn.com/

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-22 10:52 am   Permalink

Pics coming this eve...

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-22 8:37 pm   Permalink

Still don't know the numbers, but here is a taste...

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 8:54 pm   Permalink

Awe Crap!

I'll be in the hood on Sat. not Sun. !

Arrrr!!!!

Just my luck!........

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 9:25 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a good reason for a layover.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 10:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-22 21:25, Kahu wrote:
Sounds like a good reason for a layover.

No layover.

On the road with a truck full of tools and a lil' know how.

Will be heading back from Sonoma on Sat. Must check in and see my babies. -

The Bamboo Ben Build Out Tour 08 must continue..to stay on schedge.

Arrr!!!

lol!!

K-Mukis mugs rock!!!

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-04-22 22:15 ]

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 11:02 pm   Permalink

Ahoy hoy sports fans,

Happy Second Anniversary Forbidden Island!

Yep, two years. Time flies. Dos anos...¡eso está bastante fantástico!

Guess it's about time I start making a dent in my tab. ¿Cómo sobre el año próximo?

Support your, or better yet my, local tiki bar...

el midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 09:18 am   Permalink

The Marina Village Inn is a healthy walk away...that would be my suggestion.

Quote:

On 2008-04-20 20:16, honu73 wrote:
So, I've been to FI once while in town on business and have been looking for a reason to make another appearance...this smells like a reason. I'll be flying in from Phoenix on Saturday night in an attempt to score this fancy-schmancy mug. Are there any hotels within stumbling distance?

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation