FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Barrels! You Want 'em, I Got em! Authentic Nautical/Rummy Decor
Barrels! You Want 'em, I Got em! Authentic Nautical/Rummy Decor
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 2:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I've got authentic 60-gallon wine barrels available. Here they are in their natural habitat in my cellar:

These are the very same wine barrels used by Forbidden Island, that gem of a tiki bar in Alameda, CA. They cut them in half, stain them and use them for their cocktail tables. You can do the same, or let your imagination run wild.
Ocanic Arts in Whittier, CA has used my barrels for various restaurant decor projects, too. These are barrels with tiki pedigree!

Get imaginative and create wonderful nautical or rummy moods with these. Some folks take them apart and make lazy susans from the heads, some make chairs, the staves can be used for amazing candle holders or pu-pu trays. The possibilities are mind boggling!

There are only a few available and they can picked up at Judd's Hill winery in Napa for only $25 per barrel. I can ship them to you via ground transport in the continental U.S. for $115 per barrel.

If interested, send me a private message or e-mail. If you'd like to pick them up this Saturday, you'll get the added bonus of seeing King Kukulele in person!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27920&forum=17&1

Above photo by Dr. Tiki Mojo

Looking forward to getting these decorative delights to you.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-04-24 2:52 pm   Permalink

Can you give us the dimensions of the barrels? Height and diameter?
Thanks!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 4:32 pm   Permalink

Here's what I did with mine. Half barrel with ship's wheel and glass top. The custom made glass top cost me 100 frog skins.

The babes are knocking my door down to see it. mmmm Pirate Grog

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 8:54 pm   Permalink

Judd,
Do you have any barrels that are smaller in size, like half that size but a complete barrel? I need a small barrel to use for something I want to display here at the bar at Casa de Mai Tai. But your full size barrels are too big, even one cut in half - that still would be way too wide for my needs. Thanks!

By the way, awesome barrels! People, get them while you can!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 1:13 pm   Permalink

Great idea to post the dimensions, why didn't I think of that in the first place??!! Here you go:

Height is 35"

Head width is 23 1/4"

Middle bulge width is approx. 27"

As for smaller barrels, we do have some, but I'm not sure if I can let 'em go. We've got some bottling coming up in the next couple weeks and I'll know better after that.

Jungle Trader, nice work on steering your guests to cocktail time!

Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation