FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge podcast - wha' happen'?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge podcast - wha' happen'?
mboszko

Posted: 2008-04-30 12:50 am   Permalink

Anyone know what happened to Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge? I've enjoyed his music for quite a while now, but as of a couple of weeks ago, the website returns an "under construction" page, all the feeds are gone, and his Live365 page hasn't been updated in a while either. Did something happen to ol' Vic? For reference:

http://www.vegasvics.com/
http://www.live365.com/stations/brianeh

Hope everything's okay.

Cheers & Mahalo,
MB

View Profile of mboszko Send a personal message to mboszko  Email mboszko Goto the website of mboszko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 06:45 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=26882&forum=11&hilite=Vegas%20Vic

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aku76
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-01 08:40 am   Permalink

I tried my weekly download of Vegas Vic and it's not on itunes at all. The last time Vic responded to one of my e-mails he said he would continue if he received good and regular feedback. I think lack of that may have contributed to the stoppage.

Only one person knows...Vic please post and let us know if you're gone.

View Profile of aku76 Send a personal message to aku76  Email aku76     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keviki

Posted: 2008-05-06 09:42 am   Permalink

Argh! I've emailed him a couple times asking where the podcast went, and since he seemed to be starting a new multi-podcast show "Sabu Martinez, Part 1" it looked like he was going to continue it.

Figures it went away the day I went to grab all the older podcasts I was missing, I listen to them all day at work! Perhaps we should create a repository somewhere of all the shows?

View Profile of Keviki Send a personal message to Keviki  Email Keviki Goto the website of Keviki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-11 10:03 pm   Permalink

I've got the 69 podcasts in I-tunes - I'll be happy to share.

Unless Vegas Vic doesn't want to keep this stuff out there?

Vic?

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otis21

Posted: 2008-05-12 9:11 pm   Permalink

I'd be interested I had these on my work PC and had to reformat to test an image and did not back up. Figured I could get them the next day.

Low and behold, they were gone.

I'd be very interested.

View Profile of otis21 Send a personal message to otis21      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tropical_Icebergs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 10:13 am   Permalink

I'd be very interested in a copy of that collections...please let me know what I need to do..

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 7:00 pm   Permalink

No more Vegas Vic! It's so sad!

Don't know what happened, but miss it!

Really, it was one of the best damn pod casts on the web. I learned so much about exotica - well, mostly everything, from listening to Vegas Vic. I had some of the pod casts, but not all of them down loaded. Now, I'm not so tech savvy, and I'm trying to figure out how to save them from I tunes onto a disk so I don't loose them for ever.

I knew it must have been a lot of work putting together a regular pod cast - I was always amazed he had taken the time to do such a fine job. Nothing good lasts for ever.

Maybe we should all e-mail him till he starts re-pod casting?

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 06:38 am   Permalink

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how to save them from I tunes onto a disk so I don't loose them for ever

Create a new playlist in iTunes (I call mine "Burn List"), click-and-drag the podcast into that burn playlist, then record away!

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Balls 2008-05-27 06:39 ]

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keviki

Posted: 2008-05-27 1:02 pm   Permalink

Now that I've checked everywhere that I've kept them, it looks like the only ones I'm missing are these:

1 - Vegas Vic ventures into podcasting (6/1/05)
4 - The 3 Kings of Exotica Show (6/12/05)
13 - (There is no 13! Hah!)
33 - A Look Back (1/8/06)
51 - Mele Kalikimaka (12/18/06)
52 - Gene Rains (2/18/07)

Vic, are you out there? Do ya mind if we make a page to keep all these excellent podcasts somewhere?

View Profile of Keviki Send a personal message to Keviki  Email Keviki Goto the website of Keviki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bearded Wonder

Posted: 2008-06-30 6:31 pm   Permalink

Newbie here- I have 1-68 archived, I'm only missing #60 and #69 (and the non-existent 13).

[ This Message was edited by: Bearded Wonder 2008-06-30 18:40 ]

View Profile of Bearded Wonder Send a personal message to Bearded Wonder      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwmorehead

Posted: 2008-07-06 6:25 pm   Permalink

I happen to have all of the Vegas Vic podcasts in case anyone is missing any. Please email me at rwmorehead@yahoo.com and we'll figure out a way to get you the missing podcast(s)

Ron

View Profile of rwmorehead Send a personal message to rwmorehead  Goto the website of rwmorehead     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-14 12:11 pm   Permalink

I listen to my Vegas Vic & Java's Bacherlor Pad podcasts quite often. I do the Vegas Vic ones do pop back up. If it weren't for these two, I'd miss out on a lot of great tunes & bands.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

-Buckaroo Banzai

View Profile of TikiPirate Send a personal message to TikiPirate  Email TikiPirate Goto the website of TikiPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-21 08:26 am   Permalink

AAAAaaaaagggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY!!!!!!

Vic, oh Vic what happened!!!!

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skyguym42

Posted: 2008-07-30 04:19 am   Permalink

Hi there, I need to get the first 50 VV podcasts.....I'll be happy to paypal some beer money your way for postage and discs.

I've emailed one of the people who offered, but no response yet....

You can email me at:

skyguym42(put an at sign here if you're not a spambot)hotmail.com

View Profile of skyguym42 Send a personal message to skyguym42      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation