FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Oasis Apartments, West Covina, CA (apartments)
Oasis Apartments, West Covina, CA (apartments)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 6:46 pm   Permalink

Name:Oasis Apartments
Type:apartments
Street:217 N. Sunset Avenue
City:West Covina
State:CA
Zip:91790
Phone:(626) 814-4789

Description:
Formerly the Maui Apartments. Although there seem to be no tikis on the property, it's still worth taking a gander just for the magnificent A-frame.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 6:50 pm   Permalink

I stopped by the Oasis Apartments last Sunday. I waited for the police to come out. They held the gate open for me. I thought that was sweet.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 8:39 pm   Permalink

Fantastic courtyard! The lagoon pool with the rock waterfall behind is beautiful.

Nice find

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 11:26 pm   Permalink

Fine work, fellow urban explorers! So that A-frame is totally free standing on the right side? And did the entrance waterfall still work? Could there have been a wooden entrance bridge once? And a water way connection to the courtyard water feature?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-04-30 23:27 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 12:41 am   Permalink

Man, that Blue lagoon in the courtyard is AMAZING !

I'd sit out there all day if I lived there.

They need tikis tho'

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 05:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-30 23:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
So that A-frame is totally free standing on the right side? And did the entrance waterfall still work? Could there have been a wooden entrance bridge once? And a water way connection to the courtyard water feature?

Here's a full shot of the A-frame from across the street.

The entrance waterfall still works.

And the waterway connects all the way from the entrance to the courtyard.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 07:24 am   Permalink

Wow, that is so great, the entrance is DOUBLE bridged! There aren't even any restaurants left where that feature (originated IN restaurants) has survived, now that the Islands at the Hanalei Hotel SD has been completely ruined. (Perhaps the Kona Kai in Chicago, when it is open)

Now imagine those stupid guard railings gone, and the bridges out of wood with wooden posts (sometimes carved as Tikis) with thick nautical rope or anchor chain as railings. Here is an example of a classic bridge at the Shelter Isle apartments (now gone):

I will dedicate a separate post to this apartment complex, mentioned in the BOT, in the near future.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation