FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 4:11 pm   Permalink

Love the bamboo wall outside the booth. Nice touch!

I don't recall seeing what you had planned for the floor in all these posts. What are you thinking about doing on the floor. Looks like right now it is raw concrete. Just curious!

Thanks for the update.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 8:26 pm   Permalink

Regarding the floor:
I'll be painting the floor to look like lava rock, adding some crystalline sparkles and sealing it with some
kind of clear epoxy when I'm done with everything else.

Leleliz, thank you
The other rooms in my house aren't as far along and I kinda want to wait until I can make some progess before I post pictures. I'll try to take some pictures to give you an idea of what the master plan is.

Wayfarer, the only other Hawaiian/tiki themed room in the house is the master bedroom but the couch in Hula Sue's pretty comfortable

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-19 8:51 pm   Permalink

Perpetual Awesomosity!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-23 3:12 pm   Permalink

Kriste almighty...you are awesome. Every little and big thing is just superb. The booth is to die for. Glad the wifey isn't in the basement digging the hole now. What talent you have!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-mingo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-24 2:35 pm   Permalink

Just discovered this thread and wow oh wow oh wow, I'm so in love with your talking tiki heads from the christmas tree thingys...you are awesome!

View Profile of Tiki-mingo Send a personal message to Tiki-mingo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 07:31 am   Permalink

Hey, I'm located in Seattle, Pupu Pants... I adore those motion lamps. I've got a 1980s version of that fish lamp, with a black plastic base but similar fish and shade patterns. If you have an old one (the brass base type) that still has the pleated inner shade to give the fish the wavy swimming effect, would you consider trading for mine? I prefer the older brass base type, and mine has the same effect. Also, the plastic pleats in mine may be easier to modify than the old parchment pleats used in the 50s models, which can be a bit brittle.

[ This Message was edited by: TorchGuy 2010-06-01 09:11 ]

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hina Bec

Posted: 2010-06-13 1:08 pm   Permalink

Un-be-liev-able!!!

This is an amazing and breathtaking project!

I've read this entire thread, mouth hanging open, eyes glazed, hoping I didn't short out my keyboard with the envious drool.

Mr. Pants, you sir, are an absolute genius!

I can't wait for your continuing updates. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your photos and methods with us!

View Profile of Hina Bec Send a personal message to Hina Bec      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 9:53 pm   Permalink

Mr.P!!!! I love the new ideas and additions!! the animated tiki is superb!!!!!!! what a great idea.

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-06-15 21:59 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 9:24 pm   Permalink

ok.... so where's the new pic's
Been waiting to see what you come up with next

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-07 09:39 am   Permalink

Can we get a bump?

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 8:01 pm   Permalink

You sir, are a mad genius!!!!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 06:57 am   Permalink

Any updates Mr. Pants? Would love to see some new shots it's been a loooooooong while.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-01 1:06 pm   Permalink

I got all excited when I saw this thread on the top of the pile. Then I found out it was full of bump and false hope. John, TC NEEDS new pictures!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 2:59 pm   Permalink

Sorry my tiki pals, I've been neglecting my responsibilities
I took a short break to work on another project but am back at it.
I'll post an update later this week. I promise.
You guys are great. Thanks for dropping a line

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 08:50 am   Permalink

YAY!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation